Each year CMU University Theatre presents one or two Theatre For Young Audience productions (TFYA). These weekday matinee performances for school groups are attended by teachers and students from around the state. Below is information about our next TYFA next production, and information on past TFYA productions is available here.
Coming April 2, 2014 for students in grades 9 to 12:
The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov
We’re pleased to invite you and your students (grades 9-12) to join us, as we present a classic play from a man widely considered among the greatest writers of all time, Anton Chekhov. His classic work, The Cherry Orchard, turned out to be his fourth and final play.
SYNOPSIS: The Cherry Orchard is the story of an aristocratic family whose estate, complete with a beautiful and well-known orchard, is to be auctioned off to settle their debts. Although there might be ways for them to prevent the loss, they struggle with their pride, irresponsibility, and inability to take positive action. Their home is eventually sold to the grandson of one of the family’s former serfs, and the family is forced to seek new lives elsewhere.
Contact for Information & Reservations:
- Who: Students in grades 9 to 12
- When: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Bush Theatre, Moore Hall - CMU Campus - Google Map
- Run Time: TBA
- Study Guide: TBA
- Cost: Seats are just $3.00 per person and one free escort ticket with every $15 purchased
- Reservations: Please make reservations A.S.A.P. by phone or email using the contact information below. Seats will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment Details: Payment by check or credit card must be made by March 24, 2014 (unless other arrangements are made in advance).
- Grants: Those seeking financial assistance to bring their group to this event are encouraged to explore the
Michigan Youth Arts Organization - Travel Grant program. (CMU is not
affiliated with this organization and we include this for your convenience only)
Jim Hickerson, Marketing and Outreach Coordinator, Comm. and Dramatic Arts Dpt.
Phone: (989) 750-6608
Physical Address: Central Michigan University, 333 Moore Hall, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
CMU University Theatre Leadership contacts:
Director of University Theatre
(989) 774-3961 - email@example.com
Area Coordinator - Theatre, Interpretation and Dance,
Associate Professor of Theatre - Theatre for Young Audiences
(989) 774-2061 - firstname.lastname@example.org