founding in 1892, more than 140,000 students have received their degree from
CMU. Graduates from the department of Communication and Dramatic Arts
span the globe, successfully putting their education to use
in all aspects of their lives.
Over 7,000 Communication and Dramatic Arts alumni reside across all 50 states and in several foreign countries.
Developed using CMU Alumni database records and mapping
software provided by Heatmapper.
Notable Alumni and Alumni Voices
- Congratulations to Dr. Devika Chawla, a graduate of Central Michigan University's Communication MA program and of Purdue University's doctoral program, who has been honored with the Graduate Student Senate Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award. This award recognizes a faculty member who exemplifies scholarship, civility, and mentorship, and who is an integral member of the graduate faculty at Ohio University. As a result of receiving this honor, Dr. Chawla will be speaking at the 2018 Ohio University Commencement.
- Jaime Samson is a freelance Costume Technician, Dress and Freelance Designer. He is currently a dresser for the Tony Award-nominated Broadway musical, Groundhog Day. Jaime was mentioned in a June 5th article in The New York Times about the backstage challenges of the costume changes for the production. Read the article, here.
- Phil Powers, CMU University Theatre alum and professional actor, was selected as a Notable Alumni. You can read about Phil's story, here.
- Check out the CCFA Alumni Voices web page for feature stories on the following alumni:
Actor, Writer, Comedian
'02, '05 Communication
COM Conferences and COM Connect Newsletter
Communications faculty, graduate assistants and students will be attending periodic Communication Association activities and conventions across the U.S. If you're in attendance, please look us up! Also, be sure to checkout the latest issue of the COM Connect Newsletter, here.
Elizabeth Carlson catches up with a COM alum at the Central States
Communication Association conference.
CDA Alumni Updates
Colton Ranguette, has been hired as the new Technical Director for the 1,100 seat Godwin Heights Auditorium (Wyoming, MI).
CMU Theatre alum, Allie Jackson, is playing the role of Cordelia in the Little Door Theatre production of King Lear in Warren, MI. The production opens December 7th and runs through December 17th. Tickets and information are available at www.littledoortheatre.
CMU Theatre alum, Greg Siers, recently directed a 12-camera television production of Russia's Mariinsky Orchestra's performance at The National Cathedral in Washington, DC. The show will be aired on a yet to be determined network and overseas.
CMU Theatre alum, Rebecca Hochhuth, has been contracted to perform as a Production Singer on the Oceana Riviera cruise ship. Rebecca will be performing for the next six months as the cruise tours through Europe and the Caribbean.
CMU Theatre alum, Jessica Vann, will be appearing in Porchlight's production of Billy Elliot: The Musical at the Ruth Page Center for the Arts on Dearborn Street in Chicago. Billy Elliot opens on October 6th and will run through November 19th. Tickets and information are available at https://porchlightmusictheatre.org/events/billy-elliot.
CMU Theatre alum, Michael Idlaski, will be playing the role of Brad, and understudying the lead role of Jesse, in Underscore Theatre's production of Carrie 2: The Rage (an unauthorized musical parody). Performances begin on Friday, October 13th, and run through November 19th at The Arkham, in the Uptown neighborhood in Chicago. Tickets and show information can be found at http://www.underscoretheatre.org/carrie2/.
CMU Theatre alum, Christopher Robert Smith (Smitty), will be playing the role of Dr. Jake Houseman in the national touring production of Dirty Dancing. The Dirty Dancing tour is scheduled to begin performances October 5th and will continue through April. Tickets and information are available at us.dirtydancingontour.com
We're interested in your story and hope you'll take advantage of one of the opportunities below to share, and reconnect with faculty, staff and friends from your past.
- Call us at 989-774-3177 or send us an email
- Reach out to your favorite faculty (current list)
- Drop by and see us at 333 Moore Hall
- The CMU Alumni Association
Theatre faculty and alumni got together in Chicago recently.