Theatre auditions for mainstage productions are open to all CMU students regardless of major, minor or year in school. Fall production auditions take place in the first week of the semester. Requirements and procedures vary from production to production. Details are provided below, and may also be found on the Call Board outside Moore 133.
Students interested in getting involved behind the scenes, working with set, lights, costumes, hair, props, sound, and make-up are asked to complete and return the crew application form available
here or on the bulletin board outside the Moore 133 faculty offices. Please take your completed application to the appropriate staff person below, and chat with them briefly about your experience and interests. No experience is required.
Costumes, Hair and Make-up
Contact: Ann Dasen - Costume Coordinator
Office: #152 Moore - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 989-774-3262
Set Construction, Lighting, Properties and Sound
Contact: Dan Daugherty - Technical Director
Office: Moore #151 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 989-774-6594
2017 - 2018 Remaining Audition Details
THE COUNTRY WIFE Written by William Wycherley; Directed by Keeley Stanley-Bohn
- Roles Available: 8 men / 7 women / Plus 3
- Audition Times and Location: January 16 & 17 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. in the Townsend KIVA in Moore Hall
- Callback Time and Location: January 18 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. in the Townsend KIVA in Moore Hall
- Audition Process:
- Read the script (copies on reserve in Park Library).
- Prepare a brief (60 seconds -time yourselves to be sure!) comic monologue from a Restoration Comedy (NOT The Country Wife).
- Sign up for an audition slot on the Call Board located near the Moore Hall 133 faculty offices
- Fill out an audition form and bring it with you to your audition.
- Note: Students who are in Fool for Love may still audition. Please contact me directly to schedule a time.
- Rehearsals Begin: January 29, 2018
- Performance Schedule: March 21 – 24 at 7:30 p.m. and March 25 at 2:00 p.m. (5 performances)
- Contact: Director Keeley Stanley-Bohn by email at email@example.com
- Description: The Country Wife is a satirical Restoration comedy written in 1675 by William Wycherley that sharply focuses on the follies, vices and hypocrisies of Restoration London through its central characters. Includes adult themes and language.
U.T. DANCE COMPANY CONCERT
The University Theatre Dance Company auditions take place in August each year. Interested students can find additional information here.
CMU Summer Theatre 2018
Auditions for CMU Sumer Theatre 2018 are scheduled for February 16, 2018, with callbacks set for February 17th. Details are available here
, or on the University Theatre Call Board near Moore Hall 133.