Theatre auditions for mainstage productions are open to all CMU students regardless of major, minor or year in school. Fall production auditions take place in the first week of the semester. Requirements and procedures vary from production to production. Details are provided below, and may also be found on the Call Board outside Moore 133.
Students interested in getting involved behind the scenes, working with set, lights, costumes, hair, props, sound, and make-up are asked to complete and return the crew application form available
here or on the bulletin board outside the Moore 133 faculty offices. Please take your completed application to the appropriate staff person below, and chat with them briefly about your experience and interests. No experience is required.
Costumes, Hair and Make-up
Contact: Ann Dasen - Costume Coordinator
Office: #152 Moore - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 989-774-3262
Set Construction, Lighting, Properties and Sound
Contact: Dan Daugherty - Technical Director
Office: Moore #151 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 989-774-6594
2017 Audition Details
- U. T. DANCE COMPANY ANNUAL AUDITION:
- THE OTHER PROJECT
- SPRING AWAKENING
- FOOL FOR LOVE Written by Sam Shepard; Directed by Steve Berglund
- Roles Available: 3 men and 1 woman
- Audition Times and Location: Monday and Tuesday, November 13 & 14 at Townsend KIVA, with audition slots available between 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Callback Time and Location: Wednesday, November 15 in The Townsend KIVA, from 8:00 - 10:30 p.m.
- Audition Process:
- Signup: Sign-up for an audition on the audition sign-up sheet on the University Theatre Call Board located outside Moore 133.
- Read the script before auditions
- Scripts are on reserve at the Park Library Reserve Desk.
- Performance Schedule: February 1-4 and 8-10 at 7:30 p.m., and February 4 & 11 at 2:00 p.m. in Theatre-on-the-Side (8 performances)
- 1 woman / 3 men
- Rehearsals begin: Monday, November 20th (5 weeks)
- Description: Winner of the Obie Award. A critical and popular success, this masterfully constructed work brings searing intensity and rare theatrical excitement to its probing, yet sharply humorous study of love, hate and the dying myths of the Old West.
THE COUNTRY WIFE Written by William Wycherley; Directed by Keeley Stanley-Bohn
- Roles Available: 8 men / 7 women / Plus 3
- Performance Schedule: March 21 – 24 at 7:30 p.m. and March 25 at 2:00 p.m.
- Auditions: Week of January 16
- Rehearsals begin: Monday, January 22nd (7 ½ weeks)
- Description: The Country Wife is a satirical Restoration comedy written in 1675 by William Wycherley that sharply focuses on the follies, vices and hypocrisies of Restoration London through its central characters.
U.T. DANCE COMPANY CONCERT
- Company auditions take place at the start of each academic year. (See information above.)