An opportunity for advanced High School musicians to improve their skills through clinics and workshops. Attendees work a full day with Central Michigan University School of Music Faculty. Mailings go out the week of September 4th, to High School Music Directors.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
WHO CAN ATTEND:
- Advanced string, woodwind, brass, percussion and keyboard (piano & organ)
- Students in grades 10-12
- Two students per wind instrument per school (Clarinet & bass clarinet count as the same instrument, as does alto and tenor saxophone)
- Four string students per instrument, per school
- Cost is $25 per student
- Instrumentalists should bring their instruments; Percussionists sticks and pads on a stand
- Keyboard students bring current music being studied
- High School Directors and parents are encouraged to attend, free of charge, any of these master classes
LUNCH: is not provided, but a map of nearby restaurants, including those on campus, will be available at registration.
ONLINE REGISTRATION HERE
HARD COPY REGISTRATION FORMS HERE: Instrumental
DEADLINE: November 1 is the deadline for registration materials, including fees.
We’re sorry, but we cannot accept faxed registrations.
QUESTIONS? contact Assistant Professor MaryBeth Minnis at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 774-3519
Previous Instrumental Workshop handouts available for download.
Diagnose and Solve Flute Tone Problems
Getting Into Jazz
Playing Double Reeds 123 Handout