Physical Therapy Services Free-of-Charge
The mission of Hands for Health is to provide patient-centered physical therapy services at no cost to members of our community. The Hands for Health clinic also provides students in the Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy with hands-on patient-care experience and clinical educational opportunities.
What is Hands for Health?
Hands for Health is a free-of-charge, student-managed physical therapy clinic on the campus of Central Michigan University serving the Mount Pleasant community.
Who provides treatment?
Treatment at Hands for Health is provided by Doctor of Physical Therapy students supervised by CMU faculty who are licensed and board-certified physical therapists. The treating student physical therapists are in the second-year of the program and have finished one clinical rotation.
What conditions do we treat?
- Back pain
- Sports injuries
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Joint Replacements
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- And more…
Am I eligible for Physical Therapy services from Hands for Health?
You are eligible for free-of-charge physical therapy if:
- You do not have insurance
- You have used all of your physical therapy visits
- You have insurance, but cannot afford physical therapy
How do I make an appointment at Hands for Health?
- It is a good idea to see your doctor to get a prescription for physical therapy.
- Call or e-mail to find out if you qualify for these services and to set up an appointment. After the recorded message, please leave your name, phone number, and the best time for us to return your call.
- Appointments at Hands for Health are available Monday evenings from 5pm to 7pm.
Hands for Health is located in the Health Professions Building room 2138. Parking is available in Lot 12 on the east side of the building.
Central Michigan University
Health Professions Building
Carls Center for Clinical Care and Education
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
P: (989) 774-1298
F: (989) 774-1567