To make an appointment for Speech-Language, Voice or Feeding Services call the Carls Center at 989-774-3803
. For additional information, visit the Carls Center website
- The clinic is committed to assisting people with speech, language, voice and feeding impairments throughout the central Michigan area.
- The clinic was first opened in the early 1940s and currently serves over 5,000 persons per year.
- The clinic is located in the Health Professions Building, a modern facility equipped with sophisticated diagnostic and treatment equipment.
- The clinic also provides services on a contractual basis to public and private agencies.
- The clinic is staffed and supervised by nationally certified speech-language pathologists.
Our clinics exist to provide quality clinical education to our students, provide evidence-based clinical services to greater Michigan communities, provide outreach and collaboration with community social, health and educational partners and support clinical research.
- Our clinics will use the strongest evidence to support clinical practices and decisions.
- Our clinics will use strong/sound pedagogy to facilitate knowledge and skills of their learners.
- Our clinics will seek to provide clinical services to their community regardless of the status of their health insurance.
- Our clinics will continue to provide quality opportunities for inter-professional education and practice.
- Our clinics will continue to provide leadership in clinical research and grants that promote the welfare of our students, clients and community.
|Speech-Language, Voice & Feeding Clinics|
The clinic offers diagnostic and treatment services for persons of all ages with speech or language impairments related to neurological disease and brain injury, speech and language delay, developmental disorders, hearing impairment, stuttering, voice disorders, or foreign accent.
The clinic offers:
- Speech and Language Diagnostic and Screening Services
- Accent Reduction Therapy
- Communication Therapy for adults with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Individualized Speech & Language Therapy
- An Alternative and Assistive Communication Technology Lab
- Therapy Acoustic & Physiologic Evaluation of Voice disorders