- Position: Tenured Professor
- Department: Physical Therapy Department
- Campus Address: Health Professions Building 1234
- Office Hours: By appointment
- Phone: 989-774-6579
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTH 645 Foundations of Patient Care
- PTH 646 Therapeutic Interventions
- PTH 665 Physical Therapy Seminar I
- PTH 661 Manual Therapy I
- PTH 662 Manual Therapy II
Degrees and Universities
B.S. in Physical Therapy: Oakland University in 1986
M.S. in Biomechanics: Michigan State University in 1989
D.Sc.P.T. in Physical Therapy Oakland University in 2007
Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) - American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy (FAAOMPT)
Complementary Medicine and Wellness (CMW) – Oakland University
Honors and Recognitions
Faculty Appreciation Award - CMU Athletic Department (2000), Nominated by Amber Crenshaw
Professional Organizations and Positions Held
- Member - American Physical Therapy Association: APTA Brand Champion, February 2011 to present, Key Contact for APTA Legislative Committee, Mid-Michigan Region, January 2004 to present
- Member - Michigan Physical Therapy Association: Board of Director #5, January 2010 to 2013, previously Board of Directors #1 Position (2004-2007), elected chapter delegate 2015, 2016, 2019, MPTA Northern District Chair, 2015-2016, Vice-Chair 2017-2018
- Member – American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists 1992 to present, Fellow since 1996: Member of Standards Committee 2000-2001
- Governor-appointed committee member of Health Professions Recovery Program for LARA, December 2016 to present
Grossnickle KE, Wiley S, Zipple JT, Kegerreis S. Experiences of physical therapists working with women with chronic pelvic pain: A phenomenological qualitative study. Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy. 2019;43(2):61-72
Sung P, Zipple T, Andraka J, Danial P. The kinetic and kinematic stability measures in healthy adult subjects with and without flat foot. The Foot. 2017;30:21-26
Sung P, Zipple T, Danial P. Gender differences in asymmetrical limb support patterns between subjects with and without recurrent low back pain. Human Movement Science 2017;52:36-44
Loubert PV, Zipple JT, Klobucher MJ, Marquardt ED, Opolka MJ: In Vivo Ultrasound Measurement of Posterior Femoral Glide During Hip Joint Mobilization, JOSPT. 2013;43(8):534-541
Perkins JM, Zipple JT: Nonspecific low back pain. In: Erhman Jk, Gordon PM, Visich PS, Keteyian SJ, eds. Clinical Exercise Physiology, 3rd ed., Chapter Revision. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publications; 2013.
Validation of amplitudes of extremity joint mobilization excursions with diagnostic ultrasound.
Efficacy of manual therapy interventions for chronic exertional compartment syndrome -Normative values for dynamometry of extremity joints.
Manual therapy interventions for chronic pelvic floor tension myalgia in males.
Incidence/prevalence of complementary and alternative medical practice use in the United States.
Efficacy of weight training for controlling bone loss in premenopausal women.
Comparing complementary and alternative medical practices to Western Medicine for treatment of non-specific low back pain syndrome.