- Position: Assistant Professor
- Department: School of Health Sciences
- Division: Community Health Division, Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Campus Address: Health Professions Building 2242
- Phone: 989-774-3909
- Fax: 989-774-2908
- Email: email@example.com
- MPH640: Biostatistics
- MPH646: Epidemiology for Public Health
- MPH650: Biological Basics of Public Health
- MPH667: Maternal and Child Health
- MPH 776: Integrative Learning Experience
Degrees and Universities:
Bachelor of Science (Honours), National University
Certificate, Core Public Health, University of North Carolina
Master of Science, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of New South Wales
Master of Science, Community Health, University Putra Malaysia
Postdoctoral fellow, Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Putra Malaysia
Ph.D., Epidemiology & Health Care, University of British Columbia
Ph.D., Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of New South Wales
U.S. Cochrane Network - CMU Affiliate (Director)
Cochrane U.S.-Satellite Pregnancy Childbirth (Co-director)
Cochrane Collaboration Trainers Network
American Public Health Association
International Society of Twin Studies
The Medical Women’s International Association
Dr. Jahanfar is a reproductive epidemiologist with grounding in public health and biostatistics. Her research focuses on reproductive health, women and children health, and genetic versus environment studies. She has worked with a number of twin studies in Australia, Malaysia, and Canada. She has conducted several epidemiological studies and produced over 30 systematic reviews in the areas of HIV/AIDS, domestic violence, family planning, ultrasound screening and breast-feeding. She is an international Cochrane trainer, has conducted over 40 Cochrane workshops/webinar series on standard author training and trained over 400 clinicians and scientists. She has over 120 peer-reviewed publications including Nature Perinatology, Fertility & Sterility, Cochrane library, and Journal of Fetal and Maternal Medicine. She is currently working towards conducting several twin studies, a randomized controlled trial and a longitudinal study all related to reproductive health and reproductive behavior at national and international levels. She is interested to work with students and researchers for potential collaboration.
1) Gharipour M., Barekatain M., Sung J., Emami, L, Sadeghian L, Dianatkhah M, Sarrafzadegan N, Jahanfar S. (2020) The Epigenetic Overlap between Mood Disorders and Obesity: A Systematic Review of Epigenome Wide and Candidate Gene Studies. The international journal of molecular sciences, IF=4.55 (In press)
2) Jahdi F, Efft Merghati‑Khoei E, Ebadi A, Kashanian M, Oskouie F, Jahanfar S. (2020) Exploring the care received by HPV‑positive married women at a colposcopy clinic in Tehran, Iran: A qualitative study. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 9:3549-54. DOI: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_1243_19
3) Faal S., Abedi P, Jahanfar S (2020). The effect of Lavender on pain and healing of episiotomy: A systematic review Complementary Therapies in Medicine (In Press)
4) Malchi F., Faal S., Abedi P, Jahanfar S (2020). Vaginal fluid urea and creatinine as indicators of premature rupture of membranes: A systematic review. Reproductive Sciences (In Press)
5) Sharifipour F, Abedi P, Faal Ciahkal S., Jahanfar S, Mohaghegh Z, Zahedian M. (2020) Serum vitamin E level and gestational diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40200-020-00582-5.
6) Rastegar Kh., Moeini B., Rezapur-Shahkolai F,, Naghdi A., Karami M., Jahanfar S. (2020) The impact of prevented interventions intimate partner violence among pregnant women resident in slum areas of Hamadan city using the PEN-3 Model- Control randomized trial study. Korean Journal of Family Medicine (In press).
Nouhjah S., Jahanfar S.
, Shabazian H. (2020) Temporary changes in clinical guidelines of gestational diabetes screening and management during COVID-19 outbreak: A narrative review. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, Volume 14, Issue 5, Pages 939-942. doi: https://doi.org/10.101G/j.dsx2020.06.030, Link
8) Shakib Sh. Jahanfar S. (2020) Perspective: The problem o female genital mutilation (FGM) Practices in the UK and Somalia. E Cronicon EC Nursing and HealthCare. Feb 27th. Under Press.
Nouhjah S., Jahanfar S.
(2020) Challenges of diabetes care management in developing countries with a high incidence of COVID-19: A brief report. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2020.05.012, Link
Mohaghegh Z., Abedi P., Faal S., Jahanfar S.
, Surdock Al., Sharifpour F., Zahedian M. (2020) The effect of hyoscine n- butylbromide on labor progress: A systematic review. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 29: 291. doi. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-020-2832-3, Link
11) Jahanfar S. (2020) Twin study of fetal and maternal outcomes: Challenges and rewards. Sage Research methods cases. SAGE Publications Ltd, Online ISBN: 9781529725858, doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529725858
12) Ankomah S., Jahanfar S. Inungu J. (2020) A Study of Sexual Health Information among Central Michigan University Students. Journal of Public Health from Theory to Practice. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-020-01192-4.
13) Kowynia E., Jahanfar S. (2020) The Effect of Twin Sex on Menstrual Characteristics. Medicina (Kaunas). ;56(4). doi: 10.3390/medicina56040173. PubMed PMID: 32290215.
14) Khastar H, Mirrezaie SM, Chashmi NA, Jahanfar S. (2020) Sleep Improvement Effect on Sexual Life Quality Among Rotating Female Shift Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Sex Med.;. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.03.003. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32273244.
15) Kumar N, Jahanfar S, Haas DM. Cochrane Review Summaries (2020) Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Apr;135(4):965-966. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003777. PubMed PMID: 32168229.
16) Haas DM, Kumar N, Jahanfar S. Cochrane Review Summaries (2020) Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Jan;135(1):213-214. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003627. PubMed PMID: 32281772.
17) Rastegar Kh, Moien B. Jahanfar S. (2020) Impact of Intimate Partner Violence on Mental Health in Pregnant Women Resident in Suburban: A Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Public health doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-020-01283-2; PubMed PMID: 32290215
18) Okafar A. Jahanfar S., Inungu J, Minalli M.(2020) The Relationship between Bullying, Sexual Violence and Substance Use among Adolescents in the United States. European Journal of Environment and Public Health e-ISSN: 2542-4904 https://www.ejeph.com
Zende-Del Mo. Jahanfar S.
Hamzegardeshi Z. Fooladi E.(2020) An Investigation into Long-acting Reversible Contraception: Use, Awareness, and Associated Factors. European Journal of Environment and Public Health 2020, 4(2), em0039; e-ISSN: 2542-4904 https://www.ejeph.com Link
Amini L, Mojab F, Jahanfar S.
Sepidarkish M, Raoofi Z, Hajiagha AM. (2020) Efficacy of Saliva Officinalis extract on the prevention of insulin resistance in euglycemic patients with polycystic syndrome: a double-blinded placebo-controlled clinical trial. Complementary therapies in Medicine. Col 48, Jan 2020, 102245. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.ctim.2019.102245, Link
; PMID: 31987228
Gleton B., Jahanfar S
., Inungu J., Latty C. (2020) Factors Associated with Condom Use among African America and Hispanic/Latino Youth. European Journal of Environment and Public Health 4(1). e-ISSN: 2542-4904, https://doi.org/10.29333/ejeph/5954, Link
Abd El Aziz M, Sharifipour F, Abedi P, Jahanfar S.
, Judge H. (2019) Secnidazole for treatment of bacterial vaginosis: A systematic review. BMC Women’s Health. Accepted on September 26, 2019. BMWH-D-19-00227R2, PubMed PMID: 31638955; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6802328. Link
Noura M, Rahmani A, Jahanfar S.
, Ellis UM (2019) Mobile phone text messaging for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections. Protocol: https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD013454. Link
, Impact factor: 7.75
Armanian AM, Jahanfar S.
, Feizi A., Salehimehr N., Molaenezhad M., Sadeghi E. (2019) Prebiotics for the prevention of the hyperbilirubinemia in Neonates. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD012731.pub2. Link PubMed PMID: 31425619; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6699678. Link
Inungu J, Ndeke J, Jahanfar S.
, Snyder F, Odia O, Okonji A. (2019) HIV Prevalence and related risk behaviours among men who have sex with me in Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo. European Journal of Environment and Public Health, 3(2). ISSN: 2468-1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.29333/ejeph/5975, Link
Moeini B., Rezapur-Shahkolai F., Jahanfar S.
Naghdi A., Karami M., Rastegar KE. (2019) Utilizing PEN3 model to identify socio-cultural factors affecting intimate partner violence against pregnant women in suburban Hamedan, Health Care for Women International, DOI: 10.1080/07399332.2019.1578777. Link
PubMed PMID: 31166150.
Faal S., Abedi P., Jahanfar S.
, Ndeke JM, Mohaghegh Z., Sharifipour F., Zahedian M. (2019) Sex hormone-binding globulin for prediction of gestational diabetes mellitus in pre-conception and pregnancy: A systematic review. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 152: 39-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2019.04.028, Link
PubMed PMID: 31063851.
Abedi P, Salehi_Nejad P., Jahanfar S.
(2019) Accuracy of Ultrasound Methods Versus Other Methods for Detecting of Cervical Dilatation during Labor, a Protocol for Systematic Review. EC Gynecology 8 (4). Link
29) Hosseni-Ramsheh Z. Mollainezhad M. Hendoiee H. Jahanfar S. (2019) Efficacy and Safety of Aripiprazole in selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors induced sexual dysfunction treatment: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Journal of Research in Pharmacy Practice (In press)
Zendehdel M., Fooladi E., Hamzegardeshi Z., Jahanfar S
(2019) Frequency of Unintended Fertility and its Associated Factors in Married Men, Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Link
Zendehdel M., Fooladi E., Hamzegardeshi Z., Jahanfar S
(2019) Fertility management in married women and men 15-49 years in Tehran in 1396. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences; 28(168):82-95. http://eprints. mazums.ac.ir/id/eprint/4198, Link
32) Jahanfar S.
Walter H. (2019) Association of Twins’ Sex Discordance and Age at Menarche. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics _ Springer accepted on 1/31/2019. Link
PubMed PMID: 31063851.
Babbitt EO, Hassan S., Jahanfar S.
, Brooker JF, Inungu J. (2019) The Efficacy of Tobacco Cessation Interventions for Persons Living with HIV/AIDS: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Medical Review, 2 (1)251-259. ISSN(Online): 2589-9074, ISSN(Print): 2589-9066. Link
34) Jahanfar S.
(2019) Birth weight and anthropometric measurements of twins. Annals of Human Biology:45 (5): 395-400 https://doi.org/10.1080/03014460.2018.1526320. Link
35) Long Q., Kingdon C., Yang F., Renecle MD., Jahanfar S. Bohren M., Betran AP. (2018) Prevalence of and reasons for women’s, family members’, and health professionals ’preferences for cesarean section in China: A mixed-methods systematic review. PLoS Med 15(10): e1002672. PubMed PMID: 30325928; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6191094.