The Athletic Training (AT) Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). This degree provides professional preparation for students aspiring to be BOC certified athletic trainers (ATC). All students must meet specific program Selection Criteria and Technical Standards in order to pursue this degree. See the athletic training major for the requirements for selection to the athletic training program.
General Education Requirements (30-42 hours)
- University Program Courses and Competency Requirements
Degree Requirements (35-44 hours)
Foundational Sciences (17 hours)
- CHM 120 (4) Survey of Chemistry
- CHM 127 (1) Introductory Chemistry Laboratory
- FNS 370 (3) Nutrition
- HSC 211 (3) Human Anatomy and Physiology
- HSC 212/PES 212 (3) Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
- HSC 308/PES 308 (3) Physiology of Sport and Exercise
Quantitative Literacy and Critical Thinking (8 hours)
- PES 478 (2) Research for the Health Professions
- PHL 105 (3) Critical Reasoning in Everyday Life
- STA 282 (3) Introduction to Statistics
Behavioral Science and Cultural Perspective (6 hours)
- HSC 532 (3) Diversity Issues in the Health Professions
- PSY 100 (3) Introduction to Psychology
Integrative Learning Experience: Requirement I (1 hour)
- ATR 441 (1) Professional Development
Integrative Learning Experience: Requirement II (3-12 hours)
Select one of the following:
- ATR 481 (3) Athletic Training Practicum
- ATR 482 (12) Athletic Training Internship
Specialized Studies (40 hours)
- Major: Athletic Training Major
- Minor: Optional
- The number of elective hours will vary depending upon the hours needed to complete the general education program and degree requirements.
Minimum Totals for Graduation: 124 hours
- To graduate from CMU you must complete a minimum of 124 hours, at least 40 of which must be in courses numbered 300 or above.
- Please note: the combination of some majors and minors may require more than 124 hours for graduation.
- Not all major/minor combinations are allowed. Please consult with a university advisor to confirm your choice.
- No more than a total of 27 hours may be taken from the College of Business Administration and counted towards graduation.
- You should read the Requirements for Graduation in this Bulletin for a complete description.