Required Courses I (13 hours)
- BIO 590 (3) Cardiovascular Physiology
- HSC 631/PES 631 (4) Physiology of Exercise
- HSC 670/PES 670 (3) Research Methods for Health, Physical Education and Sport, Health and Recreation
- PES 606 (3) Motor Learning and Human Performance
Required Courses II (3 hours)
Select one of the following
- HSC 544 (3) Biostatistics
- PES 672 (3) Statistics for Physical Education and Sport, Health and Recreation
Required Courses III (3-6 hours)
- PES 691 (3) Independent Study
- PES 698 (1-6) Thesis
Electives (8-11 hours)
Select hours in consultation with an advisor.
Total: 30 semester hours
- An oral examination in the field of specialization may be given at the discretion of the department. The department reserves the right to administer a comprehensive examination after the completion of approximately 20 hours of course work as a tool to secure information to be used in counseling the student toward the completion of the selected program.
- Students must consult with an advisor prior to taking a 500 level course.
- Students must present 15 or more semester hours of classes at or above 600 level for this degree.
- A maximum of six hours of credit in practicum, field study, and internship courses may be applied toward the completion of this degree program.