Central Michigan's Department of Physical Education and Sport provides students with a variety of PROFESSIONAL and PERSONAL GROWTH options relative to physical activity and sport. Degree programs can prepare you for a career as a PHYSICAL EDUCATOR, ATHLETIC COACH at any level, as SPORT MANAGERS in both the public and private sector, or in a variety of professional opportunities as an expert in physical activity and fitness.
Mission and Purpose
The Department of Physical Education and Sport at Central Michigan University strives to improve the education and qualification of students by designing experiences and opportunities that:
- Contribute to the general education of students through the unique content and methodology of physical education and sport.
- Prepare students for careers in physical education, sport administration, sport studies, and related professions.
- Provide an opportunity for the study of physical education, sport, and dance from a social, psychological, historical, scientific, and philosophical perspective.
- Serve the needs of a diverse and global society.
- Contribute to the wellness of all persons through the promotion and teaching of the contributions of physical activity and well being.
- Conduct research for the purpose of contributing to the knowledge base of physical education and sport studies.
COSMA 2017-2018 Annual Report CMU
2017-2018 Public Information Profile
Central Michigan University awarded accreditation by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), February 2015.