Students seeking this minor must successfully complete the Sport Skill Competency Assessment Program. This assessment program is competency based and required before enrolling in PES 315.
To gain approval to student teach, each student must:
- Have an overall GPA of 2.7
- Have received a grade of C+ of better in PES 315, 386, and 415
- Have current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Up to 3 hours may be taken as credit/no credit.
- A minimum 2.7 GPA (B-) must be earned in all teaching minors.
Required Courses I (22 hours)
- PES 105 (2) Introduction to Physical Education and Skill Development
- PES 115 (2) Motor Development
- PES 186 (2) Physical Fitness for Life
- PES 215 (3) K-12 Physical Education Programming
- PES 315 (3) Methods of Teaching Physical Education
- PES 325 (2) Applied Skills and Methods - Resistance Training
- PES 386 (3) Special Physical Education
- PES 406 (2) Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport 2(2-0)
- PES 415 (3) Planning, Teaching, and Assessing: Practical Applications
Elective Courses II (2 hours)
Select one of the following:
- PES 322 (2) Applied Skills and Methods - Team Sports
- PES 323 (2) Applied Skills and Methods - Individual Sports
- PES 338 (2) - Teaching Aerobics
Total: 24 semester hours