- Students seeking this minor must successfully complete the Sport Skill Competency Assessment Program. This assessment program is competency based and required before enrolling in PES 215.
- To gain approval to student teach, each student must:
- Have an overall GPA of 2.7
- Have received a grade of C+ of better in PES 315, 386, and 415
- Have current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Up to 3 hours may be taken as credit/no credit.
- A minimum 2.7 GPA (B-) must be earned in all teaching minors.
Required Courses I (21 hours)
- PES 115 (2) Fundamental Motor Skills
- PES 186 (2) Physical Fitness for Life
- PES 215 (3) K-12 Physical Education Programming
- PES 315 (3) Methods of Teaching Physical Education
- PES 386 (3) Special Physical Education
- PES 406 (2) Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport
- PES 415 (3) Planning, Teaching, and Assessing: Practical Applications
- PES 485 (3) Theoretical Foundations of Strength and Conditioning
Required Courses II (2-3 hours)
Select one of the following:
- DAN 334 (3) Teaching of Folk, Square, and Social Dance
- PES 338 (2) Teaching Aerobics
Electives (0-1 hours)
To be selected in consultation with an advisor.
Total: 24 semester hours