- The program is open only to those students who are majors in special education and will earn an elementary provisional certificate. Students who wish to meet the requirement for state approval as a teacher of physical education for the handicapped must consult the program coordinator.
- Students seeking this major must successfully complete the Sport Skill Competency Assessment Program. This assessment program is competency based and required before enrolling in PES 215.
- A minimum 2.7 GPA (B-) must be earned in all teaching minors.
Required Courses I (20 hours)
- HSC 211 (3) Human Anatomy and Physiology
- PES 115 (2) Fundamental Motor Skills
- PES 212/HSC 212 (3) Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
- PES 308/HSC 308 (3) Work Physiology
- PES 315 (3) Methods of Teaching Physical Education
- PES 338 (2) Teaching Aerobics
- PES 386 (3) Special Physical Education
- PES 401 (3) Fundamentals of Motor Learning
Required Courses II (3 hours)
Select one of the following in consultation with your advisor:
- PES 387 (3) Physical Education for the Physically Impaired
- PES 483 (3) Physical Education for the Mentally Impaired
Required Courses III (1 hour)
To be selected in consultation with an advisor
Total: 24 semester hours