Students must have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA in order to sign the dietetics major and enter the Pre-professional Phase. To move forward to the Professional Phase each fall semester. Students must achieve an overall minimum GPA of 3.00 which will include the DPD course work, the student cannot have a grade lower than a 2.0 (C) in any DPD course work in order to be considered for the Professional Phase. The GPAs will include courses completed at other institutions as well as those completed at CMU.
Selection criteria include:
- Application (Can be found on the CMU Dietetics program Blackboard shell).
- Overall 3.0 GPA.
- DPD Course work Grades 2.0 or higher, will be calculated into overall GPA of 3.00
- To graduate with dietetics as a major and to receive a verification statement from the dietetics program, students are not allowed to take any required dietetic courses as credit/no credit.
- Professional recommendations.
- Work, volunteer, and extra curricular experience.
- Autobiographical statement.