Internal Grants through the CHP:
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Faculty Research Grant
- Eligible applicants include all full time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed term CHP faculty.
- Due to limited funding, the committee will be awarding proposals requesting no more than $1,000 each.
- Faculty Research Grant application.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Faculty Presentation Grant
- This grant area is intended to offset costs associated with presentation of scholarly work at a recognizable scholarly and professional Domestic or International conference. The presentation must be an oral or poster format but may vary based on the field of study. Eligible faculty include full time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty who demonstrate: insignificant funding in their professional development and do not have funding from other internal or external funding sources. Reimbursement for presentations from the prior years is not being accepted.
- This award is up to $400.
- Faculty Presentation Grant application.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Research Funding Assistance
- This funding area is based on research needs to support an institutionally approved original research expenses. Eligible applicants include all full time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed term CHP faculty. Funding must be used to support research related costs only. Such items may include: research equipment, (i.e. pipettes, gauze, bandages, electrodes, filters, or other expendable supplies), printing/copying, postage, chemicals/cleaning supplies, and software programs or software updates (not covered by CHP or CMU)). Other items may be approved based on the description provided. Funding is not intended to support the repair of broken equipment, pay for required calibrations, or studies that are underway.
- Applicants may apply once at any time during the academic year for up to $300.
- Research Funding Assistance application.
*Special Note: In order to receive funding for the Faculty Grant, Faculty Presentation Grant, and Research Funding Assistance, OFIS accounts must be updated for the last two years.
Other Internal and External Grants
Grant opportunities, internal and external, are also available through the Central Michigan University Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). Here is more information regarding internal grants.
For information regarding external grants, we suggest you contact your Research and Sponsored Program Officer.