Internal Grants through the CHP:
Funding for faculty and student research and travels/presentations is available through our College for 2021-2022. Interested faculty and students are encouraged to apply before October 15 at 5 p.m. for the fall review cycle, and before March 18 at 5 p.m. for the spring review cycle. Applications for research assistance are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may apply for each grant only once during the academic year Below are the grants available.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Faculty Research Grant
- Eligible applicants include all full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty.
- The committee will be awarding proposals requesting no more than $1,000 each.
- Grant proposals will be awarded according to their research merit, with no special consideration given to any particular group of faculty (e.g. new faculty or those who did not succeed in obtaining external funding).
- Faculty Research Grant application.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Faculty Travel Grant
- This grant area is intended to offset costs associated with travel and presentation of scholarly work at a recognizable scholarly and professional Domestic or International conference. The conference must be held within the 2021-2022 fiscal year. The presentation may be in an oral or poster format but may vary based on the field of study. Eligible faculty include full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty. The travel must be approved by the Dean prior to submission of the application.
- This award is up to $400.
- Faculty Presentation Grant application.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Research Funding Assistance
- Funding is available to all full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty to support research related costs. Such items may include: research equipment (i.e. pipettes, gauze, bandages, electrodes, filters, or other expendable supplies), page charges for publication, printing/copying, postage, chemicals/cleaning supplies, and software programs or software updates (not covered by CHP or CMU). Funding is not intended to support the repair of broken equipment, pay for required calibrations, or studies that are underway.
- Applicants may apply once at any time during the academic year for up to $300.
- Research Funding Assistance application.
*Special Note: In order to receive funding for the Faculty Grant, Faculty Presentation Grant, and Research Funding Assistance, OFIS accounts must be updated for the last two years.
Other Internal and External Grants
Grant opportunities, internal and external, are also available through the Central Michigan University Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). Here is more information regarding internal grants.
For information regarding external grants, we suggest you contact your Research and Sponsored Program Officer.