Internal Grants through CHP:
Funding for faculty and student research and travels/presentations is available through our College for 2021-2022. Interested faculty and students are encouraged to apply before October 15 at 5 p.m. for the fall review cycle, and before March 18 at 5 p.m. for the spring review cycle. Applications for research assistance are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may apply for each grant only once during the academic year. Below are the available grants:
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Student Research and Creative Work Grant
- Funding is available for full-time CHP undergraduate and graduate students working with a faculty mentor/advisor on a research project or creative work. Funding is intended to pay for research equipment, (i.e. pipettes, gauze, bandages, electrodes, filters, or other expendable supplies), printing/copying, postage, chemicals/cleaning supplies, participants' incentives, and software programs or creative work projects. Special attention will be given to those who have not received this funding in the past.
- This award is up to $500.
- Student Research and Creative Work Grant application.
The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions Student Travel Grant
- Funding is available for full-time CHP undergraduate and graduate students presenting their independent research and creative work at a State, Regional, National, or International conference/symposium that is held within the 2021-2022 fiscal year. Special attention will be given to those who have not received this funding in the past. The travel must be approved by the Dean prior to submission of application.
- This award is up to $300.
- Student Presentation Grant application.
Other Internal and External Grants
Grant opportunities, internal and external, are also available through the Central Michigan University Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). Here is more information regarding internal grants.
For information regarding external grants, we suggest you contact your Research and Sponsored Program Officer.