Studio Concentration Requirements:
Acceptance into the B.F.A. degree program in the Studio Concentration may be applied for when the student has completed or is cur- rently enrolled in ART 106, 117, 119, 125; two courses in art history; and three studio courses.
Students whose applications fail to be accepted to the B.F.A. program are welcome to reapply the following semester.
In addition to the general curricula, the candidate for the B.F.A. degree must complete the following requirements:
1. Sign B.F.A. degree with advisor in student’s area of concentration. This professor serves as the student’s Thesis Advisor.
2. Participate in faculty critiques for three consecutive semesters before graduation. The B.F.A. Committee will schedule the student’s faculty critiques.
3. Exhibit a cohesive thesis body of creative work and all responsibili- ties that are included in the exhibition.
4. Conduct a public artist’s talk in support of thesis exhibition work.
5. Submit a nal portfolio to the Art Department including a resume, artist’s statement, visual documentation of thesis work, visual
documentation list, and any other supporting materials.