Get out of the house this summer and onto the dance floor with CMU's Dance Camp! Whether you stay in our residence halls or commute from home, you'll enjoy seven days of fun and personal growth while exploring dance on CMU's campus. Expand your dance knowledge and skills while learning from CMU dance faculty in their state-of-the-art dance studio. CMU Dance Camp is open to students entering 9th grade through those entering college as freshmen this fall with a minimum age of 14.
Each day will include jazz, modern, and ballet technique classes and rehearsals. Special topics for additional classes will include stage make-up and acting for the dancer. Imagine how much you'll grow when learning from university dance professors who have extensive experience both in professional dance and teaching!
Camps are limited to 20 students, so you'll receive individualized attention. Sign up soon to reserve your space!
Dance Camp Dates:
June 23 - 29, 2019
Each day will include technique classes and time to rehearse and prepare for the final showcase. Sessions may include topics such as:
- Stage Make-up
- Acting for the Dancer
- Dance Movie Night
Our camp will be much more than just a dance experience! You'll meet new friends, become familiar with a "Top 100" university campus, discover new interests and explore your abilities. You'll be coached to grow in a friendly, lively, and encouraging setting that will inspire you to achieve your personal best. Participants will also enjoy an opportunity to participate in a dance showcase event for their family and friends.
Overnight campers can enjoy after-hours games and activities with trained youth counselors, including Bowling, Swimming and an "all access pass" to our fabulous Student Activity Center!
- Scholarships: We are unable to offer scholarships at this time.
- Commuter Package: $350
- One-week camp experience (7 days & 6 nights) and theatre activities all day
- Includes weekday lunches in residential restaurants
- Resident Package: $500
- As above, plus: lodging in our air-conditioned dormitories, 17 delicious meals in our residential restaurants, guided activities, and a friendly staff of youth counselors.
Sessions will be led by experienced theatre professionals and college faculty, such as:
- Heather Trommer- Beardslee: Dance Professor
- Andrea Purrenhage: Dance Professor
- Ann Dasen: Costume Designer
- Keeley Stanley-Bohn: Theatre professor
You'll have access to the full range of CMU's dance, residential, dining and recreation facilities, including:
- Dance Studio
- Student Activity Center
- Residential Restaurants
- Residence Halls
- Costume Shop
- Breakfast meal in residential restaurant*
- Session 1 - Modern Technique
- Session 2 - Ballet Technique
- Session 3 - Jazz Technique
- Lunch in residential restaurant
- Session 4 - Modern Choreography
- Session 5 - Ballet Choreography
- Session 6 - Jazz Choreography
- Dinner in residential restaurant*
- Recreation and activities*
* Breakfast and dinner provided for overnight campers only
Tell your friends and start your plans, today!
We're excited to work with you and your friends, and if you're ready to explore dance, then its time to talk with your parents and
start your online registration
For information about CMU Dance Camps, please contact Heather Trommer-Beardslee at (989) 774-4305 or by email at
. For questions about the registration process, residential facilities and youth counselors, you may also contact CMU Camps and Conferences by phone at (989) 774-7675 or by email at email@example.com
Note on Program Cancellation:
CMU University Theatre reserves the right to cancel any program or activity at any time due to limited enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If cancellations occur, University Theatre will issue refunds for registration fees, but cannot be held liable for other costs, charges or fees, including cancellation fees from airlines or travel agencies, child care expenses or any other associated expenses.