WIN $250* for 1,000 Words
Diversity Essay-Writing Contest for Journalism Majors
The Department of Journalism is hosting an essay-writing contest on the topic of diversity. In the context of CMU, diversity is defined as:
- The range of differences among people in the CMU community.
- An attitude that recognizes the value and contributions of all members of the community.
- A commitment to respect and to provide equitable treatment for members of the community.
Essays should address:
- Why is inclusiveness and respect for diversity important?
- What are the implications of diversity for journalism, photojournalism, advertising or public relations?
Typed, double-spaced with a MAXIMUM of 1,000 words
Include name and e-mail contact for winner notification
Originality, creativity, impact, importance, currency, and style and grammar
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 26
Please submit your essay in an envelope clearly marked, “diversity essay contest” to the journalism main office in Moore 454 by 5 p.m., Nov. 26.
*$250 will be awarded as a gift certificate to CMU’s Bookstore