Join us for a day of exploration, interaction and music theatre fun!
(Advance registration required)
High School juniors and seniors (and their guests) are invited to enjoy a helpful workshop on auditioning skills, visit with our friendly faculty and students, see our campus and theatre facilities, dine in a residence hall and experience our production of the Tony Award-winning musical - Shrek the Musical!
This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the CMU Music Theatre experience (at no cost for registered guests), but space is limited so make your reservations soon!
- DATE/TIME: Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, November 2, 2018
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Advance registration required)
Limited capacity - Reservations taken on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity reached, and then a wait list will be created.
Here's a peek at what you have in store!
- 9:00 am - Registration - Bush Theatre, CMU Campus, Mount Pleasant, MI
- 9:30 am - Workshop: Audition Workshop: How to work with an accompanist at an audition
- 10:00 am - Master Class with CMU Faculty: Participating students should bring sheet music - a 16 bar cutting of a prepared song. Participation in the workshop is limited to 20 students. Others are welcome to observe. (Accompanist provided)
- 11:00 am - Tour - Explore theatre facilities and talk with Steve Berglund, Chair, CMU Theatre and Dance
- 12:00 noon - Dinner* - Fresh Foods Market in the Woldt Student Residence Hall
- 2:00 pm - Play* - Shrek the Musical
- 4:30 pm - Q & A with current Music Theatre student
*Complimentary for registered guests
Make your plans to attend now!
- Reservations: Sign-up - Complete the linked form to register, and we will respond with a reservation confirmation and additional information.
- Come prepared! Participants should bring sheet music for the Master Class (a 16-bar cutting of a prepared song), an umbrella if the forecast looks gloomy, and be sure to wear shoes you're comfortable walking in, if you plan to participate in the walking tour of campus.
- Directions: Greeters, signs and an emergency contact number will be provided.
- Visit the Music Theatre website
We hope to see you here!
Notes: 1. If you have questions that will impact your decision to register, simply reply to this message and the appropriate person will respond to assist you. 2. For ADA accommodations, please respond to this email by October 25, 2018 and include your contact information
Sponsored by the CMU Music Theatre Council and the Department of Theatre and Dance