Participation in School of Music ensembles is not limited to just music majors and minors! Listed below are ensemble experiences and their registration policies offered at CMU.
Auditions will be held the first week of class during the fall semester
unless otherwise stated.
For questions please contact Dr. James Batcheller: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MUS 186M: Band (Marching Band)
Auditions are held during selected May and June Orientations.
This section includes Marching Band and Concert Bands.
- MUS 186U: Band (University Band) – Concert style, non-marching band.
Directed by Dr. Jose Maurtua: email@example.com
- MUS 185A: Orchestra (Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion)
- MUS 185B: Orchestra (Strings only)
Directed by Robbie Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the jazz ensembles is limited and competitive.
Please contact Andrew Spencer: email@example.com
Enrollment in this ensemble is by permission of the instructor only
Directed by Dr. Charles Amon Eady: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music audition material available on Blackboard
- MUS 180A: Festival Chorus
- MUS 183A: Concert Choir (Soprano and Alto)
- MUS 183B: Concert Choir (Tenor and Bass)
Sat. & Sun. August 17th & 18th from 1-6pm in the Music Building, Room 157
Mon. August 19th from 2-6pm, in the Music Building, Room 157