- Two pieces in contrasting styles, performed from memory and sung with piano accompaniment. Due to time constraints, we may not hear both prepared pieces.
- Classical song literature, folksong arrangements, and Broadway songs are preferred, although other styles are considered if you demonstrate previous classical/traditional musical training and experience.
- Foreign language songs are acceptable, but not required. Printed copies of the audition pieces must be supplied for the pianist if a School of Music accompanist is utilized. Taped accompaniments are not allowed.
- A collaborative pianist is provided for singers at no charge. Possible sources of suggested literature include the MSVMA Solo and Ensemble list and those of the National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) high school audition requirements.
- Sight Reading is required.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music Theatre at Central Michigan University requires an audition with Music Theater faculty.
Music theater auditions for 2019 will take place on February 2nd, 2019. Information about these auditions is posted on the
Music Theatre website. Please direct any questions about this program to
Dr. Annette Thornton.