We're pleased that you are considering attending CMU to earn an MA in Communication! This page provides you with information to assist you in your decision and begin the application process.
About our Program
There are many reasons that our program is attractive to students and the following links will provide you with helpful information:
- To be admitted to the program, applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study and at least 3.0 in the last 15 hours of communication courses or courses approved by the department. Students who do not meet the above requirements may be admitted to graduate study on a conditional basis.
- Applications for admission are due by March 15 for Fall enrollment and October 15 for Spring enrollment.
- International Student Admissions information
The Enrollment Process
- Step 1 - Apply for Admission
The first step in the application process starts by applying to the graduate school for admission at apply.cmich.edu. Instructions will guide you through the process, step by step.
- Step 2 - Assistantships
If you are interested in applying for a teaching or debate/forensics assistantship, click here to learn more, and then complete your Graduate Assistantship application. The deadline to apply for Graduate Assistantships is March 15 for the next academic year.
- Step 3 - Additional Funding Sources
Additional sources of funding are available to graduate students, and you can find out more on our Assistantships, Scholarships and Financial Aid page, or by using the individual links below: