Each year many students from other colleges and current CMU students decide to begin working toward a COM major or minor.   Below you will find information and links to may be very helpful in navigating this process, making a smooth transition and getting the most from previous coursework.

Students may transfer up to 12 hours of equivalent COM coursework towards the completion of their degree requirements.  Since face-to-face interaction is highly valued in COM performance based courses, students cannot transfer course equivalents taken in an on-line format for COM 101, COM 267, COM 353, COM 357, COM 361, COM 363, and COM 367.


The lists of required courses for a Communication major or minor are available on the TAI Curriculum web page.   The CMU Bulletin web site may also be helpful for anyone interested in comparing course requirements arising from the combination of various majors and minors.

Additional information of interest to students transferring​ credits is available on the following pages provided by  (or linked through) our registrar's office:

Transfer students are welcome to visit us in our Moore 333 office or to call us at (989) 774-3177.  New transfer students should contact our Undergraduate Admissions Office for information on advising at (989) 774-3076 or by e-mail at cmuadmit@cmich.edu.