Auditions for the CMU University Theatre Dance Company take place in early to mid-January each year. Follow this link for Dance and University Theatre audition information
. Sign-up sheets are posted at Rose 127. Students interested in taking part may contact Heather Trommer-Beardslee, the Director of the UT Dance Company, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person in the Rose 127 Dance Studio.
Criteria For Selection of New Company Members
- Evidence of technical proficiency for the current dance genres in focus for the current season
- Each dancer auditioning should have an intermediate / advanced skill level in at least one genre of dance training. (Hip Hop, Tap, Jazz, Ballet and/or Pointe, Modern, Ballroom)
- Potential for further development for learning and acquisition of new and/or additional skills.
- Stage presence
- Dedication to learning and critical thinking
Tips on How to Audition
Remember, a dance company needs individuals who are unique and versatile. The audition is a time to showcase your individual skills in relationship with the work that will be performed in the current season of performances.
- Wear dance clothes that will allow the adjudicators to see your movement.
- If you have questions about the company or the requirements, ask! We would love to talk with you about the University Theatre Dance Company (contact information below)
- Arrive early to your audition to allow you time to fill out paperwork, warmup, and feel comfortable in the audition studio.
- Continue taking class! If possible, continue taking class and practicing. This dedication to your craft will better prepare you for each audition that you attend.
For more information or questions, please email the University Theatre Dance Company director.