We're very pleased that you are considering joining one of our programs. The Department of Theatre and Dance is a growing, vibrant and passionate community of dedicated and creative individuals, with a long history. Our graduates are engaged professionally across the nation in all manner of endeavors, and many reach out regularly to tell us of their latest accomplishments and explorations.
If we can assist you or answer any questions, please contact us by phone at 989-774-7712 or by email at email@example.com.
There are many reasons that our program is attractive to students and the following links will provide you with helpful information:
Visits and Tours
Some of our programs are competitive, requiring an audition/interview, while others are open to any admitted CMU student.
- BFA Acting: Audition required
- BFA Design/Technical Theatre: Interview required. Please call 989-774-7712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- BFA Music Theatre: Audition required
- BA/BS/BAA Theatre and Dance Minor: Any student in good academic standing at CMU may declare a major in Theatre and Interpretation. Majors can be signed during orientation or by a CMU advisor at any time, however, signing as a freshman is recommended.
The Enrollment Process
Prospective students begin by applying for admission to the university. Here's a step-by-step guide to applying and getting started with financial aid. We recommend applying early (before November if possible), as certain larger scholarships are only available for a limited time each year.
In addition to the CMU academic scholarship offerings available to new students who apply in time for consideration, the Theatre and Dance Department also offers our own scholarships. Complete details are on our Scholarship web page:
- Special Talent Scholarships: Students auditioning/interviewing for a BFA program are automatically considered for these scholarships, and an audition is also held each year for students in other Theatre and Dance programs.
- Donor Scholarships: Additional scholarships are provided by individual supporters of CMU Theatre and Dance. These scholarships are reserved for current theatre students who've demonstrated their passion, motivation, and skills through their participation in productions and related activities.
Life on Campus
For a summary of the terrific opportunities awaiting you as a Chippewa, visit our Life on Campus web page.