Auditions for roles in mainstage University Theatre productions are open to all CMU students regardless of major, minor or year in school. Whether you're a major or just enjoyed your past experiences and want to stay involved, you're welcome to join in!
Details are provided below and are also announced on social media, and signup sheets are posted on the Call Board outside of the Moore Hall #133 Faculty Office suite.
Students interested in getting involved behind the scenes, working with set, lights, costumes, hair, props, sound, and make-up are asked to complete our online crew application form. Feel free to drop in and briefly chat with our professional technical staff, to tell about your experience and special interests. No experience is required!
Costumes, Hair and Make-up
Contact: Daniel Thieme-Whitlow - Costume Shop Manager
Office: #151 Moore - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 989-774-3963
Set Construction, Lighting, Properties and Sound
Contact: Dan Daugherty - Technical Director
Office: Moore #151 - Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 989-774-6594
2019 - 2020 Mainstage Season Audition Details
Follow us on social media and check the call boards around the Green Room for additional Studio Theatre and Improv Team auditions.
- Fall Comedy: A Fox on the Fairway & California Suite
- Miss Julie
- Punk Rock
Our Town Written by Thornton Wilder, Directed by Nancy Eddy
- Bush Theatre
- March 25th – March 28th at 7:30 pm/March 29th at 2:00 pm
- High School Matinee on Friday, March 27th
- OUR TOWN scripts are available at the reference desk on level two of the library.
- Auditions: Week of January 13 and 14
- A Stage Manager is also being sought for this production and will be auditioned.
- Contact Nancy Eddy at email@example.com
- Rehearsals begin Tuesday, January 21st (8½ weeks)
This Pulitzer Prize-winning play, described by Edward Albee as “… a masterpiece… one of the toughest and saddest
plays ever written,” captures the daily life of a small New Hampshire town, Grover’s Corners, from 1901-1913, exploring the meaning of life and what it means to be human.
Artistic Direction by Heather Trommer-Beardslee
University Theatre Dance Company
The UTDC audition is a 2-hour class a warm up, choreography selections from the 2020 concert, and a cool down. Students must audition on Monday or Tuesday in order to be considered for the Wednesday callback.
- Note: if you accept a UTDC spot, you will not be available for the spring University Theatre Mainstage shows.
- Audition Time and Location: January 13 and 14, 2020 at 6:30 pm in the Rose 127 Dance Studio, Registration begins at 6:00 pm
- Callback Times and Location: January 15 at 6:30 pm in Rose 127.
- Signup: Each person much sign-up for either January 13 or 14 in order to be considered for the callback on the 15th. The audition sign-up sheet will be posted on the Rose 127 door in December.
- Dress: Please come dressed in dance clothing. Bring your dance sneakers and jazz and / or ballet shoes if you have them..
- Contact: Heather Trommer-Beardslee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performances take place in Bush Theatre April 16-18 at 7:30 pm/April 19 at 2:00 pm