Auditions for roles in mainstage University Theatre productions are open to all CMU students regardless of major, minor or year in school. Whether you're a major or just enjoyed your past experiences and want to stay involved, you're welcome to join in!
Details are provided below and are also announced on social media, and signup sheets are posted on the Call Board outside of the Moore Hall #133 Faculty Office suite.
Students interested in getting involved behind the scenes, working with set, lights, costumes, hair, props, sound, and make-up are asked to complete our online crew application form. Feel free to drop in and briefly chat with our professional technical staff, to tell about your experience and special interests. No experience is required!
Costumes, Hair and Make-up
Contact: Daniel Thieme-Whitlow - Costume Shop Manager
Office: #151 Moore - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 989-774-3963
Set Construction, Lighting, Properties and Sound
Contact: Dan Daugherty - Technical Director
Office: Moore #151 - Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 989-774-6594
2019 - 2020 Mainstage Season Audition Details
Follow us on social media and check the call boards around the Green Room for additional Studio Theatre and Improv Team auditions.
Fall Comedy: A Fox on the Fairway & California Suite
Cast in February 2019 during Summer Theatre 2019 auditions.
Written by August Strindberg, Adapted by Howard Brenton, Directed by Steve Berglund
- Link to audition flyer with full details
- Audition Date: Tuesday, August 27
- Audition Times and Location: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm (current Summer Theatre company to audition from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm) in Theatre-on-the-Side
- Performance dates: 8 performances scheduled October 3-6/10-13
- Contact: Steve Berglund, Director at email@example.com
A conflict of sexual passion and social position that is jagged and gripping. This stark and penetrating drama explores the turbulent war of wills between a well-to-do young woman and her father's servant.
Book by Terrence McNally, Music by Stephen Flaherty, Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens, Based on the novel "RAGTIME" by E. L. Doctorow, Directed and Choreographed by Annette Thornton, Musical Direction by Mina Son
- Performance details: Bush Theatre, Performance Dates: November 6-9 at 7:30 pm/November 10 at 2:00 pm - 5 performances
- Contact: Annette Thornton, PhD, Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMU STUDENT CAST AUDITIONS:
YOUTH ACTOR AUDITIONS
This Tony Award-winning musical deals with discrimination and social inequality in the United States at the turn of the twentieth century. The award-winning score uses ragtime rhythms to paint a portrait of the people who built this country with the hopes for a brighter tomorrow.
Punk RockWritten by Simon Stephens, Directed by Keeley Stanley-Bohn
- Townsend Kiva
- February 5-8 at 7:30 pm/ February 9 at 2:00 pm
- Auditions: November 11-14
- Rehearsals begin Monday, November 18th (5½ weeks)
- Includes violence and strongly mature themes and language
Simon Stephens's tender, ferocious and frightening play is set in a private school outside of Manchester, England where a group of highly-articulate students flirt and posture their way through the day while preparing for their exams. With hormones raging and minimal adult supervision, the students must prepare for their future—and survive the savagery of high school. Punk Rock is an honest and unnerving chronicle of contemporary adolescence.
Written by Thornton Wilder, Directed by Nancy Eddy
- Bush Theatre
- March 25th – March 28th at 7:30 pm/March 29th at 2:00 pm
- High School Matinee on Friday, March 27th
- Auditions: Week of January 13
- Rehearsals begin Tuesday, January 21st (8½ weeks)
This Pulitzer Prize-winning play, described by Edward Albee as “… a masterpiece… one of the toughest and saddest plays ever written,” captures the daily life of a small New Hampshire town, Grover’s Corners, from 1901-1913, exploring the meaning of life and what it means to be human.
University Theatre Dance Company Concert
Artistic Direction by Heather Trommer-Beardslee
The UTDC audition is a 2-hour class including ballet barre, across the floor skills and center floor combinations (modern, jazz, ballet, hip hop). Students must audition on Tuesday or Wednesday in order to be considered for the Thursday callback.
- Audition Information: The UTDC audition is a 2-hour class including ballet barre, across the floor skills and center floor combinations (modern, jazz, ballet, hip hop, ballroom). Students must audition on Tuesday or Wednesday in order to be considered for the Thursday callback.
- Audition Time and Location: January 14 and 15, 2020, in the Rose 127 Dance Studio, Details TBA
- Callback Times and Location: January 16, Details TBA
- Signup: Candidates must request an audition using the signup sheets posted on the Rose 127 Dance Studio Door prior to auditions
- Dress: Please wear dance clothes and bring ballet shoes or jazz shoes and dance sneakers if you have them.
- Contact: Heather Trommer-Beardslee at email@example.com
- Performances take place in Bush Theatre April 16-18 at 7:30 pm/April 19 at 2:00 pm