Our University Theatre program enjoys the support of numerous individuals and organizations who value theatre and generously donate to the program, either toward a general fund or toward a specific aspect of theatre operations. If you're already a supporter and appear on our Honor Roll, below, we offer our sincere appreciation! If you've not already a supporter, we invite you to join the theatre family by offering support at whatever level best suits your ability. Below you'll learn of the benefits of becoming a First Nighter, find out how your support may be used, peruse our membership levels and see the Honor Roll of our current supporters (though you may opt out of appearing on this list should you wish).
How your donations may be used:
- Bring professional guest artists to campus
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and technology
- Provide stellar professional development opportunities, including our touring Summer Theatre experience, national theatrical competitions and more
- Expose youth from around the state to quality theatre
- Attract top talent to our academic programs
Benefits of membership:
- The satisfaction of meaningfully impacting the lives of thousands of students, community members, faculty and staff each year
- Special seating privileges
- Recognition in University Theatre regular season programs (optional)
- Federal and state tax benefits
- Invitations to special events and activities
First Nighter Membership Levels
$0 - $49
$50 – 99
$100 - $249
$250 – $999
$1,000 - $4,999
(in last ten years)
You can double the value of your donation if you work for one of the 1,000+ corporations nationwide that match charitable contributions. Please check with your personnel office, and if applicable, submit a matching gift form along with your donation.
First Nighters membership contributions are charitable gifts to higher education and qualify you for federal income tax benefits. Many states, Michigan included, also allow tax credit for a portion of your gift.