Since its founding in 1892, more than 140,000 students have received their degree from CMU. Graduates from the Department of Theatre and Dance span the globe, successfully putting their education to use in all aspects of their lives.
Developed using CMU Alumni database records and mapping software provided by Heatmapper.
We're interested in your story and hope you'll take advantage of one of the opportunities below to share, and reconnect with faculty, staff and friends from your past. Call us at 989-774-7710, email Steve Berglund
, or drop by and visit our new offices at Moore Hall #133 to tell us about what you're recent accomplishments.
- CMU Theatre alumni, Richard Bronson, Troy Cronkright, Dillon Harke, Alli Menninger and Zachery York will be appearing inIncorruptible by Michael Hollinger at the Den Theatre in Chicago. Incorruptible is directed by CMU Theatre alum and CMU Department of Theatre and Dance Professor Keeley Stanley-Bohn. Incorruptible opens Thursday, August 1st. Tickets and information are available at http://siteline.vendini.com/site/thedentheatre/theatre.
- CMU Theatre alum, John Gray, will be appearing in Hound of the Baskervilles at the Playhouse in Whitehall (Michigan). The production opens Thursday, July 18th. Tickets and information are available at http://theplayhouseatwhitelake.org/summer19.php#Baskervilles.
- CMU Theatre alum, Conor Hall, will be appearing in The Greenhouse Ensemble production of Romeo and Juliet at Pushkin Hall on W. 86th Street in New York. Romeo and Juliet opens on July 17th and will run through July 28th. Tickets and information are available athttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/romeo-and-juliet-tickets-62098668790.
- CMU Theatre alum, David McClutchey, will be playing the role of Maximillien Cizik in Junk by Ayad Akhtar at the Kennedy Theatre in the Duke Energy Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Junk opens June 5th and will run through June 16th. Tickets and information are available at https://theatreraleigh.com/junk-2.
- CMU Theatre alum, Emily Mick, is the Stage Manager for The Wonder Years at Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota, Florida. The production will run through June 9th. Immediately following The Wonder Years, Emily will be Stage Managing Come Together, a cabaret production. Come Together opens on June 11th and runs through July 21st. Tickets and information are available at https://www.floridastudiotheatre.org/about-fst.
- CMU Theatre alum, Eric Koch, will be starting his new job as Assistant Professor of Technical Direction at Cornish College for the Arts in Seattle, WA.CMU Theatre alum, Greg Siers, will have an on-air spot airing tonight around the Oscars red carpet event. Greg produced and directed the spot that airs during the red carpet Ryan Seacrest special tonight on E! at 6:59pm. Tomorrow another cut airs at 10:30am on NBC Today show (post Oscar special). It will air sporadically over the next few weeks on NBC, CNBC, MSNBC and E!. The spot is for the “Stitchfix Red Carpet event” at The Grove in LA. Greg was hired by NBC.
- CMU Theatre alum, Melissa Gawlowski Pratt, just received her PhD from NYU Steinhardt.
- CMU Theatre alum, Ryan Hopak, won a Writer's Guild Award as part of the writing team for
Who Wants to be A Millionaire in the Quiz and Audience Participation category. Information about the Writer's Guild is available at https://awards.wga.org/awards/nominees-winners.
- CMU Theatre alum, Jeremy Meier, has accepted the position of Chair of Fine and Performing Arts at Owens Community College in Toledo, OH.
- CMU Theatre alum, Emily Mick, has received a year-long Stage Management Internship from Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota, Florida. Emily will be Stage Managing and Assistant Stage Managing in five different theatre spaces that comprise Florida Studio Theatre for Actors Equity and non-Equity productions. Information about Florida Studio Theatre is available at https://www.floridastudiotheatre.org/about-fst.
- CMU Theatre alum, Meg Johns, is playing the role of Sally in TheatreWorks USA’s touring production of The Cat in the Hat. The tour began in January and will continue through June, 2019. More information about the production and the tour are available at https://twusa.org/shows-artists/on-tour/dr-seusss-the-cat-in-the-hat.
- CMU Theatre alum, Brandon Chu, will be performing in the 2nd National Tour of The King and I, based on the Lincoln Center Revival in 2015. Brandon’s first performance date is March 9th. He will be coming to Midland, Michigan on April 18-20. The tour is set to end on May 5th in New Haven, CT. All dates and cities can be found on the tour’s website at http://thekinganditour.com.
- CMU Theatre alum, Sarah Bomber, is playing the role of Velma in Show Palace Dinner Theatre’s production of Chicago in Hudson, Florida. Chicago will run through April 14. Tickets and information are available at https://www.showpalace.net/?fbclid=IwAR30nt2oQHCHrZE2zVWvbF7KU82l3a97HC6sWMYzvNV4sbbXSBvsOk3r41U
- CMU Theatre alum, Kyle Burch, will be playing the Cowardly Lion in the Windy City Performs production of The Wizard of Oz. The Wizard of Oz opens on March 30th and runs through May 5th. Tickets and Information are available at http://windycityperforms.org.
- CMU Theatre alum, Sarah (Ledtke) McCann, will be appearing in Dames at Sea at the Midtown Arts Center in Fort Collins, Colorado. Dames at Sea will run through Sunday, March 10th. Tickets and information are available at https://midtownartscenter.com/shows-tickets.