Since its founding in 1892, more than 140,000 students have received their degree from CMU. Graduates from the Department of Theatre and Dance span the globe, successfully putting their education to use in all aspects of their lives.
Developed using CMU Alumni database records and mapping software provided by Heatmapper.
We're interested in your story and hope you'll take advantage of one of the opportunities below to share, and reconnect with faculty, staff, and friends from your past. Call us at 989-774-7710, email Steve Berglund
, or drop by and visit our new offices at Moore Hall #133 to tell us about what you're recent accomplishments.
- CMU Theatre and Dance Alum, Meg Johns, is a member of the Aurora Theatre’s Acting Apprentice Company in Atlanta, GA, and will be performing in productions of Rock The Presidents (which is currently running) and Christmas Canteen which will run from November 14th through December 23rd. Tickets and information are available at https://www.auroratheatre.com/productions-and-programs.
- CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Michael Knight, is the Executive Director of the Be Original Theatre Festival in Orlando that will host 32 performances of 16 different productions October 4th through 6th. The Festival will be held in the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Michael’s play Wake Up will be produced as part of the Festival with CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Jessica Reilly, serving as the Stage Manager. Information, schedules and tickets are available at https://www.newgentheatrical.org/festival.
- CMU Theatre alum, Amy Duffy, is the new Education Associate at Serenbe Playhouse in Atlanta, GA. Amy recently wrote/created the music for the production of Jungle Book at Serenbe Playhouse and was a female understudy for Max Makes a Million at Alliance Theatre in Atlanta.
- CMU Theatre alum, Dylan Goike, will be performing the role of Davey in the upcoming production of Newsies at the Timber Lake Playhouse in Illinois. Newsies runs from September 12ththrough the 22nd. Tickets and information are available at http://www.timberlakeplayhouse.org/disneys-newsies. Dylan will then travel to the Forestburgh Playhouse in Forestburgh, NY to perform in The Rocky Horror Picture Show Live! The production opens October 11th and runs through October 26th. Tickets and information are available at https://www.fbplayhouse.org/2019-season/2019/10/11/the-rocky-horror-picture-show-live.
- CMU Theatre alum, Jaime Samson, is now serving as the Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor for The Lion King at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway.
- CMU Dance alum, Miranda Richards, was recently selected as a member of the 2019-2020 Detroit Pistons Dance Team.
- CMU Theatre alumni, Richard Bronson, Troy Cronkright, Dillon Harke, Alli Menninger, and Zachery York will be appearing in Incorruptible by Michael Hollinger at the Den Theatre in Chicago. Incorruptible is directed by CMU Theatre alum and CMU Department of Theatre and Dance Professor Keeley Stanley-Bohn. Incorruptible opens Thursday, August 1st. Tickets and information are available at http://siteline.vendini.com/site/thedentheatre/theatre.
- CMU Theatre alum, John Gray, will be appearing in Hound of the Baskervilles at the Playhouse in Whitehall (Michigan). The production opens Thursday, July 18th. Tickets and information are available at http://theplayhouseatwhitelake.org/summer19.php#Baskervilles.
- CMU Theatre alum, Conor Hall, will be appearing in The Greenhouse Ensemble production of Romeo and Juliet at Pushkin Hall on W. 86th Street in New York. Romeo and Juliet opens on July 17th and will run through July 28th. Tickets and information are available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/romeo-and-juliet-tickets-62098668790.
- CMU Theatre alum, David McClutchey, will be playing the role of Maximillien Cizik in Junk by Ayad Akhtar at the Kennedy Theatre in the Duke Energy Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Junk opens June 5th and will run through June 16th. Tickets and information are available at https://theatreraleigh.com/junk-2.
- CMU Theatre alum, Emily Mick, is the Stage Manager for The Wonder Years at Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota, Florida. The production will run through June 9th. Immediately following The Wonder Years, Emily will be Stage Managing Come Together, a cabaret production. Come Together opens on June 11th and runs through July 21st. Tickets and information are available at https://www.floridastudiotheatre.org/about-fst.
- CMU Theatre alum, Eric Koch, will be starting his new job as Assistant Professor of Technical Direction at Cornish College for the Arts in Seattle, WA.CMU Theatre alum, Greg Siers, will have an on-air spot airing tonight around the Oscars red carpet event. Greg produced and directed the spot that airs during the red carpet Ryan Seacrest special tonight on E! at 6:59pm. Tomorrow another cut airs at 10:30am on NBC Today show (post Oscar special). It will air sporadically over the next few weeks on NBC, CNBC, MSNBC and E!. The spot is for the “Stitchfix Red Carpet event” at The Grove in LA. Greg was hired by NBC.
- CMU Theatre alum, Melissa Gawlowski Pratt, just received her PhD from NYU Steinhardt.
- CMU Theatre alum, Ryan Hopak, won a Writer's Guild Award as part of the writing team for
Who Wants to be A Millionaire in the Quiz and Audience Participation category. Information about the Writer's Guild is available at https://awards.wga.org/awards/nominees-winners.
- CMU Theatre alum, Jeremy Meier, has accepted the position of Chair of Fine and Performing Arts at Owens Community College in Toledo, OH.