Since its founding in 1892, more than 140,000 students have received their degree from CMU. Graduates from the Department of Theatre and Dance span the globe, successfully putting their education to use in all aspects of their lives.
Developed using CMU Alumni database records and mapping software provided by Heatmapper.
We're interested in your story and hope you'll take advantage of one of the opportunities below to share, and reconnect with faculty, staff, and friends from your past. Call us at 989-774-7710, email Steve Berglund
, or drop by and visit our new offices at Moore Hall #133 to tell us about what you're recent accomplishments.
- CMU Theatre alum, Dylan Goike, will be playing the role of Peter in the off-Broadway production of Anne Frank: A Musical. The production will be performed at Actors Temple Theatre (West 47th St., NYC) and will run from March 13th through May 7th.
- CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Tyler Bradley, is a Project Coordinator at Walt Disney Imagineering, producing both internal and external events, projects, and programs.
Recently, Tyler was the recipient of the LA Unbound Spring 2020 Choreographers Scholarship. She will be reimagining her original piece "Uncomfortable" that will combine spoken word and movement to tell a story about the hardships and experiences people face and the "uncomfortable" conversations we must have in order to grow and truly make change. The production is scheduled for May 16, 2020 at El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood. Information about LA Unbound is available at https://launbound.com/about/.
"Uncomfortable" originally premiered at Central Michigan University in 2015 in Tyler's original student created theatrical dance production, HUMANITY, which ultimately inspired her production company, HUE Productions, LLC.
- CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Michael Idalski, is playing the role of David in the Chicago premiere of If/Then being produced by Brown Paper Box Theatre Company. The show opened Thursday, January 23rd and runs through Sunday, February 16th at The Athenaeum Theatre in Chicago.
- CMU Theatre alum, Dionne O’Dell, has been awarded the Arts Council of Greater Lansing Arts Educator Applause Award. Dionne is a faculty member in the Theatre department at Michigan State University. The Arts Council’s Applause Awards recognize Greater Lansing individuals, businesses, artists, educators, arts organizations and advocates who’ve made significant contributions to the arts. Awardees are chosen based on artistic excellence, sustained contributions, unusual achievements, perseverance and a deep commitment to the arts and cultural community.
Dionne, who specializes in teaching children’s theatre, and writing and directing plays for youth and community, was recognized for her work creating innovative, multi-sensory, interactive theatrical performances for neurodiverse audiences. (More information.
CMU Theatre alum, Caylin Waller, will be appearing in the AlphaNYC Theatre Company’s production of Twelve Angry Women
at The Producer’s Club on 44th Street in New York City. Twelve Angry Women opens November 23rd and runs through December 15th. (Tickets and information
CMU Theatre alum, Natalie Loveland, is serving as the Costume Designer for The NOW Collective’s world premiere production of The Wild Parrots of Campbell
by Alex Riad. The Wild Parrots of Campbell
will be performed at the Cherry Lane Studio Theatre in New York City. The production begins previews December 4th and will run through December 21st. (Tickets and information
CMU Theatre alum, Michelle Brooke (Markowitz), released a new single today. The song, “Storm,” will be featured in her new EP, which is expected to be released in 2020. Michelle was recently featured in an article in American Songwriter. (Article and song
CMU Theatre alum, Jason Pintar, has been cast in one of the eight musicals that will be presented by the National Alliance for Musical Theatre 31st Annual Festival of New Musicals, set to take place October 24-25 at New World Stages Off-Broadway. Jason will be performing in Lautrec at the St. James
, alongside Gabrielle Carrubba (Dear Evan Hansen
), MaryAnn Wade McCollum (Wicked
), and Erica Spyres (Carousel
). (More information
CMU Theatre and Dance Alum, Meg Johns, is a member of the Aurora Theatre’s Acting Apprentice Company in Atlanta, GA, and will be performing in productions of Rock The Presidents
(which is currently running) and Christmas Canteen
which will run from November 14th through December 23rd. Tickets and information are available at https://www.auroratheatre.com/productions-and-programs
- CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Michael Knight, is the Executive Director of the Be Original Theatre Festival in Orlando that will host 32 performances of 16 different productions October 4th through 6th. The Festival will be held in the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Michael’s play Wake Up will be produced as part of the Festival with CMU Theatre and Dance alum, Jessica Reilly, serving as the Stage Manager. (Tickets and information)
- CMU Theatre alum, Amy Duffy, is the new Education Associate at Serenbe Playhouse in Atlanta, GA. Amy recently wrote/created the music for the production of Jungle Book at Serenbe Playhouse and was a female understudy for Max Makes a Million at Alliance Theatre in Atlanta.
- CMU Theatre alum, Dylan Goike, will be performing the role of Davey in the upcoming production of Newsies at the Timber Lake Playhouse in Illinois. Newsies runs from September 12th through the 22nd. Tickets and information are available at http://www.timberlakeplayhouse.org/disneys-newsies. Dylan will then travel to the Forestburgh Playhouse in Forestburgh, NY to perform in The Rocky Horror Picture Show Live! The production opens October 11th and runs through October 26th. Tickets and information are available at https://www.fbplayhouse.org/2019-season/2019/10/11/the-rocky-horror-picture-show-live.
- CMU Theatre alum, Jaime Samson, is now serving as the Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor for The Lion King at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway.
- CMU Dance alum, Miranda Richards, was recently selected as a member of the 2019-2020 Detroit Pistons Dance Team.