EGYPT – Arab Academy of Science, Technology & Maritime Transport
From the very beginning of discussions during the late 1990’s between the Arab Academy of Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (located in Alexandria and Cairo, Egypt) and the Central Michigan University (CMU) College of Business Administration (CBA) , both institutions envisioned a unique partnership to benefit both students and faculty. Then Arab Academy Dean Nabil Fahmy and Associate Dean Asaad Elnidani (now the Dean, College of Management and Technology – Dokki) and then CBA Dean Terry Arndt spent countless hours working on the relationship, which culminated in an agreement signed by both institutions in 1998.
The partnership has led to a number of activities that have benefitted both institutions. Several CBA faculty have taught in Egypt for the Arab Academy and at least one Arab Academy faculty member has taught at CMU. Over the years, numerous Arab Academy undergraduate business students have transferred to CMU to complete their business degree and taken advantage of the opportunities at the college and university. While at CMU, Arab Academy students have become leaders in student organizations, further developed their career related skills to increase their marketability, learned best business practices from successful U.S. business leaders and closely interacted with CBA faculty. Furthermore, a number of graduate students from the Arab Academy Advanced Management Institute have completed their MBA degree at CMU.
Some of the highlights of the current undergraduate CBA program Include:
- Strong ERP (SAP) emphasis throughout the curriculum with students participating in the SAP ERPSim (competitive ERP simulation).
- Preparation for various professional certifications including: Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) , SAP TERP10 Certification, Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), and Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Develop leadership skills through Student Organization.
- Participate in International and National Business Competitions.
- Closely interact with business faculty and business leaders.
- Strengthen career related skills such as interviewing, oral and written communication, and teamwork.
- Opportunity to choose from sixteen (16) different business majors including Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Systems , Logistics, Marketing, and Professional Sales among others.
CBA looks forward to many more years of collaboration between the two institutions and encourages Arab Academy students to consider travelling to the U.S. to take classes and complete either their undergraduate or graduate business degree (MA in Economics, MBA, MSIS) at CMU.