Economics Major (BA & BS Degrees)
At Central Michigan University, you can prepare for a career or graduate studies in economics. As you explore career options, consider these key features that distinguish CMU's economics program:
- Wide exposure to the field of economics through a variety of courses.
- Opportunities to study economics in the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences and the College of Business Administration since economics is considered a social science.
- Honors credit in all undergraduate courses with permission of the instructor.
- Professional development through the Economics Club and Omicron Delta Epsilon economics honorary.
- Opportunities for graduate study in economics (including our accelerated M.A. program).