Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week !
Come and hear student's present at CMU's own version of
When: Wednesday, November 19, 2014
6:00 - 9:00 pm
Where: Grawn 150
1st Place - $500*
2nd Place - $100*
3rd Place - $50*
*UC Bookstore GC
Every business starts with an idea.
Make-a-Pitch gives you the opportunity to pitch YOUR idea to others. And, you could earn funds to help you pursue it!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to pitch in front of an expert panel of judges and earn bookstore dollars!
Open to all CMU Students
What is CMU's "Shark Tank"?
Two-Minute "Pitch" plus judge feedback
Judged by experienced investors, entrepreneurs and business professionals
How to I compete?
Register by sending your name, student status(class, college, major), contact information and a SHORT one (1) page summary of your idea of a completed Business Model Canvas to the IBIE Grawn 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00p.m. November 12, 2014.
Register Early, a limited number of spaces are available!
Finalists selected will be notified by
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
“How do I give my pitch in 120 seconds?”
The goal of a pitch is to get a second opportunity to tell your story. It’s intended to get the attention of your audience. Be compelling, be grounded, provide information about your business that causes the judges to want to learn more. You need to spark interest and be credible.
What should you include in your presentation?
Here are a few questions you can use to create the pitch for investors. These don’t need to be covered in this exact order.
- Name of your company
- What is your product or service?
- Who is it for and what is the problem you are solving?
- How will you make money and/or fund your company?
- How big is your market and is it supported by trends?
- What is your distinguishing characteristic, competitive advantage and who are you competing with?
- Who’s on your team? (What experience, skills, etc do they have?)
- What is your next big milestone? ( for example, build a prototype, do a market study)
- What would you do with funding?
For more information contact the IBIE in Grawn 164, email us at email@example.com, or call 989-774-3270.