Calling all CMU Students
Pitch your business idea at CMU's own version of
Earn $$$ Gain Feedback Network
Who: Open to ALL CMU students
What: 2 Minute Business Pitch for prizes!
1st Place - $500*
2nd Place - $100*
3rd Place - $50*
*UC Bookstore Gift Card
When: Thursday, December 1, 2016
Why: Pitch your idea
How: Pre-register by completing this form and sending to email@example.com by Midnight Nov. 28Make-a-Pitch Submission Form 2.docx
Win Prizes and Bragging Rights!
Register Early, a limited number of spaces are available!
Make-a-Pitch gives you the opportunity to pitch YOUR idea to others. And, you could earn prizes to help you pursue it!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to pitch in front of an expert panel of judges and earn bookstore dollars!
Open to ALL CMU Students - no matter your major or college.
What is CMU's "Shark Tank"?
- Two-Minute "Pitch" plus judge feedback
- Two Rounds (this varies by the number of entrants)
- Judged by experienced investors, entrepreneurs and business professionals
Resource information to develop your pitch:
“How do I give my pitch in 120 seconds?”
The goal of a pitch is to get a second opportunity to tell your story. It’s intended to get the attention of your audience. Be compelling, be grounded, provide information about your business that causes the judges to want to learn more. You need to spark interest, be credible, and be passionate about your idea.
What should you include in your presentation?
Here are a few questions you can use to create the pitch. These don’t need to be covered in this exact order.
- What problem are you solving and who has this problem?
- Why is your solution better than others that are available?
- What is your solution (product or service)
- What is your business name?
- Who are you and who's on your team? (Experience, skills)
- How will you make money and/or fund your company?
- What is your market size?
- What is your next big milestone? ( for example, build a prototype, do a market study).
- For more information contact the IBIE in Grawn 164 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 989-774-3270, or stop into the office.