Michigan Finance Scholars
MFS program establishes a roadmap for ambitious and driven undergraduate CMU students and prepares them for top finance careers. Last year we reached 100% internship placement rate for our juniors in the program. Recent full-time job placements have been in corporate finance, investment banking, asset management, and commercial banking.
The goal of the program is two-pronged. First, prepare our scholars to be well-qualified candidates to get top internships and entry-level positions in the finance industry. Second, equip them with soft and hard skills to ensure continued success and growth in their careers.
Technical workshops on Saturdays (8:00 am - 12:00 pm) with a former CFO,
Professor Brad Taylor. Workshops focus on accounting and corporate finance.
Wednesday morning workshops to enhance intrapersonal and other soft skills, offered by
CMU Career Resource Center
Excel workshops by an alum and Sr. Financial Analyst, Joshua LaFountain
- CFA level 1 Exam Prep (optional)
- Scholarships have been provided by the CFA Institute, for those students interested in taking the CFA level I
- Students registered to take the CFA exam may receive credit for Independent Study, replacing an elective course requirement
Network with alumni and employers
- Alumni campus visits to meet and mentor students
- Companies visiting CMU looking to hire our students
Firm tours in major cities
Who Should Apply?
Michigan Finance Scholars program admits about a dozen of the most ambitious and driven undergraduate students (mostly juniors), if that's you, please apply!
Professor Brad Taylor