INTERNSHIP PROGRAM POLICY
Department of Marketing & Hospitality Services Administration
College of Business Administration Central Michigan University
MARKETING INTERNSHIP DIRECTOR
Professor Jeff Hoyle – 774-7447 or 989-560-1782
MKT 490 –Internship in Marketing 3 Credit Hours
A full time work experience occurring within a marketing organization. Detailed written report and assignments required. Prerequisites: Permission of instructor and department chairperson; 56 semester hours completed; Marketing major in addition to MKT 300 or MKT 304; admission to Professional Business Studies or listed on signed major or minor. Recommended: Completion of 6 credit hours in marketing.
AN INTERNSHIP IN MARKETING IS A REQUIREMENT FOR A MARKETING MAJOR.
To provide participating students with a meaningful experience that is complementary to and compatible with their areas of specialization and long-run career goals. Not all internships are eligible for MKT 490, the internship course. Companies can use the "internship" for all kinds of jobs. However, if the job can be counted as internship credit (MKT 490) is the decision of the internship director.
To enable students to apply their classroom learning to the workplace environment.
To enable students to associate with practicing professionals in the environment of profit or not-for-profit organizations.
· You are strongly advised to discuss an opportunity with the appropriate internship director BEFORE you accept the position.
· The intern student must be enrolled in MKT 490 internship course BEFORE you start at the company.
· The intern student must be registered at Central Michigan University in MKT 490, during his or her internship experience.
· MKT 490 is a class with assignments, just like any other class. Your grade is determined by your employer evaluation and quality of the work on assignments turned in.
· The intern student may receive credit for one additional course when completing the internship requirement, with permission of the Internship Director.
· The intern student should be paid for the work he or she performs.
· Every intern student is expected to complete 480 hours with the same company/organization in their internship program.
· After an internship has started, an intern student is not permitted to change his or her internship organization without approval of the Internship Director.
· Any internship that does not fit the above requirements must be discussed with, and approved by, the Internship Director prior to accepting an internship opportunity.
Please see the appropriate internship director ASAP for more details:
Marketing: Mr. Jeff Hoyle
Hospitality: Mr. Gary Gagnon firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics: Dr. Zac Williams email@example.com