Master of Business Administration Program
College of Business Administration
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
The Focus of the Program
The new MBA program is designed exclusively for high performing students who are seeking managerial roles in their chosen undergraduate field. Working in a cohort with other high performing classmates, you will be exposed to case studies and simulations, where you will have opportunities to analyze managerial problems in a dynamic environment to come up with data based real time strategic solution. The MBA program, with a focus on analytics, develops skills in data analysis, forecasting, enterprise resource program, business communications, and other functional areas of business.
The redesigned MBA program has four overarching threads that are programmatically woven to create a curriculum that is market tested, timely, and relevant for the job market. The four threads are (1) knowledge of SAP, an enterprise resource program, a platform that businesses use for transactions and analytics, (2) knowledge of essential communication skills (both written and verbal), (3) knowledge of the tools of data analysis to discover useful information and support decision making, including forecasting future trends, and (4) knowledge of the functional areas of businesses which can be further subdivided into courses focused on managing the firm's interactions with people (marketing, organizational behavior); managing financial performance (accounting, finance); and strategic management in a global environment (globalization, strategic management).
Tier 2: Guaranteed Admission with significant financial assistance: The amount of financial support a student will receive will depend upon the student's academic profile and the availability of financial resources after the commitment to the Tier one candidates.
- General Requirements for Administration to the Programs
- The applicant must have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university (equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree).
- International Students must demonstrate English language proficiency using standardized competency exams like the TOEFL and ILTES.
- Different categories of Admission requirement
- Tier 1: Automatic Admission and financial assistance till the cohort size of 40 is reached. The amount of financial support a student will receive will depend upon the student's academic profile and the availability of financial resources. The requirements for this Tier 1 admissions are:
- 600 GMAT
- 3:50 GPA
- A student may submit a portfolio that could include professional work experience, certifications, and other graduate degrees to compenstate for the lower GMAT scores
Tier 3: Admission guaranteed but no financial support MOAs with Current Partnership Schools in India: This Tier will be gone after the expiry of the MOA's, and students from those institutions must to confirm to either Tier 1 or 2.
Scholarships: $12,000 guaranteed for Tier one applicants. $ 8,000 guaranteed for Tier 2 applicants. The incoming cohort will be limited to 30 students and this scholarship offer is being tendered to the top 100 graduating seniors. Consequently, this scholarship offer and admission to the program is available on a first come first served basis.
Assistantships: In addition to these generous scholarships, a limited number of assistantships are competitively available for members of the incoming class.
The students are recommended to take the following courses and/or acquire knowledge equivalent in the following four areas:
- Principles of Economics
- Principles in Statistics
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles in Finance
The MBA program incorporates the following features: The program is:
- Skill based, so students are job ready on day one after graduation
- Unique, so that we have less competition
- Attractive to students from different fields, where the MBA enhances their own undergraduate expertise.
To that end the program emphasizes on the following individual components.
- Enterprise Resource Program using SAP
- Data Analytics and Business Forecasting
- Business Communications
- The functional areas of Businesses which includes Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, Human Resource Management, and International Business.
Student Learning Outcomes: After completing the program the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate abilities using solve business problems using quantitative techniques
- Demonstrate abilities to solve business problems using SAP skills.
- Demonstrate business communication skills.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesis all across the functional areas of business.
Degree Requirement: The MBA program is a 36 hour program with emphasis in Business Analytics, comprising of twelve (12) three credit courses. The program include the following courses
MBA 614: Introduction to Enterprise System using SAP Software
MBA 615: Effective Business Communication
MBA 616: Quantitative Methods for Managerial Decision Making
MBA 617: Forecasting for Economics and Business
MBA 621: Globalization: economic and Managerial Perspective
MBA 622: Managerial Accounting
MBA 623: Strategic Marketing Management
MBA 624: Organizational Behavior
MBA 625: Corporate Finance and Investment Analysis
MBA 626: Integrative Strategic Management
MBA 627: Business Analytics with
MBA 628: Integrated MBA Capstone: Simulation and Performance Matrices
Plan B Requirement: The plan B requirement is fulfilled through successful completion of MBA 628
Information About the Program
If you have any additional questions, please contact:
Graduate Program Admin/Coordinator
Applied Business Studies Complex 252
Pamela.stambersky @cmich.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grawn Renovation Fall 2017