Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma can be characterized as three performance elements: Project management, Team management, and Information management. Lean Six Sigma blends the DMAIC methodology of Six Sigma with the principles of Lean Manufacturing to provide a comprehensive approach to performance improvement.
What does a Lean Six Sigma practitioner do?
- Reduce waste and defects by applying Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Demonstrate analytical problem solving abilities for improving business processes.
- Utilize contemporary statistical concepts to make data-driven decisions.
- Carry out project and team management concepts with business improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge and skill expected for obtaining Green Belt certification.
- Formulate project selection criteria to focus Six Sigma initiatives on projects that will have the greatest chance of success.
- Apply the DMAIC improvement process to solve business problems.
- Employ Six Sigma data-driven approaches to solve problems at their root cause and prevent their recurrence.