Frequently Asked Questions
Deciding which business major to earn
- I am unsure which business major is best for me. How can I decide?
- There are a number of suggestions a business advisor or faculty advisor can provide to help you learn about majors and options available to you. We suggest you first meet with a business advisor and then determine if you want to complete a self-assessment and appointment with a CMU Career Coach.
B.S. in B.A. Degree Admission Requirements
- I am changing my major to business and have questions about the sequence of courses that have prerequisites. What should I do?
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with a business advisor in Business Student Services, 989-774-3124, Grawn 105 at your earliest convenience so we can help you plan your sequence of classes.
- I see the minimum overall CMU GPA for admission for the B.S. in Business Administration Degree is a 2.50. What happens if I don't have that GPA?
- The minimum 2.50 Admission GPA is a requirement. That means that a 2.49 for example, does not round up. Students below a 2.50 GPA are not able to enroll in ACC 255, BIS 255, and MGT 258, in addition to numerous other courses. We encourage you to meet with a business advisor or the CBA Success Coach to explore strategies to raise your GPA.
Problems Registering for Courses
- I am trying to register for co-requisite courses (ACC 255 & BIS 255) or (FIN 302, MGT 303 & MKT 304) and am getting an error message.
- Once your courses are selected in blue in Course Search and Registration online, click the My Schedule Builder Tab on the right-side of the screen. This will open up a box so you can select the courses and click on the green register button. See illustration: