Admission to Professional Business Studies
Students need to understand that the BS in Business Administration Degree Admission Requirements include:
- Successful completion of: BUS 100, BIS 101, ECO 203, ACC 250, BLR 235, Admission to Professional Business StudiesECO 204
- Minimum 2.00 average in the above courses
- Completion of: STA 282 or STA 382 and MTH 217 or MTH 132
- Minimum overall CMU GPA of 2.50 and 42 credits earned
Students need to understand these additional policies for students earning a BSBA Degree:
- The sequence of course prerequisites in business requires very careful planning with an advisor.
- Taking prerequisite courses at other institutions for courses needed the next semester at CMU will delay registration until students email a screenshot of their final grade (min C-) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must have one of the above required MTH or STA courses completed and a minimum overall CMU GPA of 2.50 in order to enroll in ACC 255, BIS 255, and MGT 258.
- Students below a 2.50 CMU GPA will be unable to enroll in ACC 255, BIS 255, and MGT 258.
- All BSBA Admission Requirements must be met prior to enrolling in FIN 302, MGT 303, & MKT 304.
Admission to Professional Business Studies is a two tier process
Tier 1 Continuing Admission to Professional Business Studies will be granted to all students who have earned a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in the following courses:
- BUS 100 (3) Essential Business Skills
- BIS 101WI (3) Essential Business Communication Skills
- ECO 203 (3) Microeconomic Principles of Business
Tier 2 Full Admission to Professional Business Studies will be awarded to students who satisfy the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 42 credits with a minimum cumulative CMU GPA of 2.50.
- Completion of the following courses:
- ECO 204 (3) Principles of Macro- and Global Economics
- ACC 250 (3) Introduction to Financial Accounting
- BLR 235 (3) Business Law (some sections offered WI)
- STA 282QR (3) Intro to Statistics OR STA 383QR (3) Elementary Statistical Analysis (UP Group IIB)
- MTH 217 (4) Business Calculus OR MTH 132 (4) Calculus I (UP Group IIB)
- A 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA in the following courses: BUS 100, BIS
101WI, ECO 203, ECO 204, ACC 250, BLR 235, and STA 282QR or STA 382QR.
- Students should contact a faculty advisor in the College of Business Administration to sign a major before earning 56 credits.