Frequently Asked Questions
Deciding which business major to earn
- I am unsure which business major is best for me. How can I decide?
- There are a number of suggestions a business advisor or faculty advisor can provide to help you learn about majors and options available to you. We suggest you first meet with a business advisor and then determine if you want to complete a self-assessment and schedule a career coaching appointment with the CMU Career Development Center.
BS in BA Degree Admission Requirements
- I am changing my major to business and have questions about the sequence of courses that have prerequisites. What should I do?
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with a business advisor in Business Student Services, 989-774-3124, Grawn 113 at your earliest convenience so we can help you plan your sequence of classes.
- I see the minimum overall CMU GPA for admission for the B.S. in Business Administration Degree is a 2.50. What happens if I don't have that GPA?
- The minimum 2.50 Admission GPA is a requirement. That means that a 2.49 for example, does not round up. Students below a 2.50 GPA are not able to enroll in ACC 255, BIS 255, and MGT 258, in addition to numerous other courses. We encourage you to meet with a business advisor or the CBA Success Coach to explore strategies to raise your GPA.
Problems Registering for Courses
- I am trying to register for co-requisite courses (ACC 255 & BIS 255) or (FIN 302, MGT 303 & MKT 304) and am getting an error message.
- Choose a block for the Integrated Core Courses so that all three courses have the same letter (FIN 302C, MGT 303C, MKT 304C )
- Once your courses are selected in blue in Course Search and Registration online, open the "Planned" Tab under "My Courses"on the top side of the screen, select the courses and click the green register button. See illustration: