For business majors, Study Abroad is essential
To be competitive in the professional world, it is critical that you broaden your understanding of other cultures and learn complex problem-solving skills. Organizations and companies seek to hire employees for a global workforce.
Deciding when and where to study abroad
- Begin the process early so you can schedule your classes appropriately.
- Realize that your once-in-a-lifetime experience is worth the planning time.
- Learn about options and best-fit programs by meeting with a business advisor. Call 989-774-3124 for an appointment to discuss study abroad.
- Read and explore the CMU Study Abroad website.
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session before requesting an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- While many programs have pre-approved courses, you may need to meet with faculty who will review syllabi of the courses you plan to take abroad. Your business advisor will explain this process to you.
- Follow the instructions provided by your Study Abroad Advisor and the Office of Study Abroad. Keep a careful checklist of all action steps you need to complete and meetings you need to attend.
- Complete the CBA Study Abroad Scholarship and Veazey Endowment Applications by the deadlines printed on the applications. These generous funds help make your study abroad experience affordable.
Sample Degree Maps for Study Abroad
Degree Map 4th Semester in Australia.pdf