For business majors, Study Abroad is essential
To be competitive in the professional world, it is critical that you broaden your understanding of other cultures and learn complex problem-solving skills. Organizations and companies seek to hire employees for a global workforce.
Deciding when and where to study abroad
- Begin the process early so you can schedule your classes appropriately.
- Realize that your once-in-a-lifetime experience is worth the planning time.
- Learn about options and best-fit programs by meeting with a business advisor. Call 989-774-3124 for an appointment to discuss study abroad.
- Read and explore the CMU Study Abroad website.
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session before requesting an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- While many programs have pre-approved courses, you may need to meet with faculty who will review syllabi of the courses you plan to take abroad. Your business advisor will explain this process to you.
- Follow the instructions provided by your Study Abroad Advisor and the Office of Study Abroad. Keep a careful checklist of all action steps you need to complete and meetings you need to attend.
- Complete the CBA Study Abroad Scholarship and Veazey Endowment Applications by the deadlines printed on the applications. These generous funds help make your study abroad experience affordable.