All MSA students under the 10-11 Bulletin are required to take six core courses: MSA 600, MSA 601, MSA 602 , MSA 603, MSA 604, and MSA 699.
Upon the examination of the origins, present status, and future directions of emotional intelligence as a leadership function, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Research and analyze the history and domains of emotional intelligence to include emotional intelligence objectives.
- Research and analyze the forces which shape various models for emotional intelligence.
- Research, analyze and describe change management and leadership strategies.
- Research, analyze and report examples of emotional intelligence competencies appropriate and necessary for leadership professionals.
- Hypothesize the impact of a leader style on the organization’s strategic leadership through the use of case studies.
- Research, analyze, synthesize and report on the emotional intelligence performance of one organization leader using a strategic decision-making process, integrating previous knowledge and skills from related core courses.
- Examine, analyze, synthesize and report on the strengths and weaknesses of strategic leadership teams in organizations.
Typical MSA 501 Topics:
Change theories and models
Ethics and morality
How emotional intelligence fits into the organization
Strategic decisions using emotional intelligence
Impact of EI on Leadership