Some MSA administrative core courses have RECOMMENDED prerequisites. It is recommended that you have a background in statistics prior to taking MSA 600 and that you have some type of accounting background prior to taking MSA 602. These prerequisite courses are Accounting 201 or 203 and Statistics 282 or their equivalents. Students can satisfy the prerequisites for MSA 600 and MSA 602 in the following ways:
- Pre-requisites are waived for students meeting the requirements for regular admission to the MSA program.
- Students with Conditional Admission are reviewed on a case by case basis and may meet the requirements in the following ways:
- Successful completion of the course (grade of "C" or better) or its equivalent within three years prior to admission to the MSA program;
- Pass a competency assessment exam. The examination may be taken twice and must be passed with at least 70% accuracy.
( sample accounting exam)
( sample statistics exam) OR
- Take the course or its equivalent at CMU or another accredited institution.