The Master of Science in Administration (MSA) Degree is an interdisciplinary graduate program with an applied focus. Its central purpose is to prepare managers, administrators, and supervisors in both private and public sector environments to function effectively within all types of organizations and at all levels of administration. The MSA degree's main thrust is action-oriented, forward-looking management within a broad organizational perspective. This degree is highly sensitive to the constituencies and the demographic and cultural environments it serves. The uniqueness of this degree program is its ability to adapt the necessary academic processes and course work to an organization's rapidly changing informational and technological needs.
14 concentrations to choose from
With 14 concentrations to choose from, Central Michigan University's Master of Science in Administration degree provides career-focused individuals with a flexible master's degree that can be tailored to meet their goals.
Program features include:
- 24-month accelerated Master's Degree
- Admission exams are NOT required
- Earn college credit for prior work, life or training experience
- 95% of MSA Graduates are employed in managerial positions**
**2014 Survey of CMU Global Campus MSA Alumni
I'm interested in a career in:
Note: Concentrations are listed below the corresponding career field.
|Human Resources||Technology||Leadership||Community Outreach / Non-Profit|
|Acquisitions||Acquisitions||General Admin.||Health Services Admin.|
|Human Resources Admin.||Engineering Mgt.||Health Services Admin.||Philanthropy and Fundraising|
|Project Mgt.||Information Resource Mgt.||International Admin.||Public Admin.|
|Training and Development||Project Mgt.||Leadership||Recreation and Park Admin.|
|||Research Admin.||Training and Development|||
|||Training and Development|||
· 2.7 GPA or higher
· No GRE/GMAT
· Personal Statement
· Official Transcripts
Apply Now! https://www.apply.cmich.edu
Domestic Students: You will need to submit your application and $45 application fee, upload your personal state ment and request official transcripts to send to CMU from your undergraduate program. CMU, Ronan 260, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859.
International Students click here for more information on how to apply and requirements specific to international students. (link)
Some MSA administrative core courses have prerequisites. MSA 600 requires the statistics competency and MSA 602 requires competency in Accounting. These prerequisite courses are Accounting 201 or 203 and Statistics 282 or their equivalents. Students can satisfy the prerequisites for MSA 600 and MSA 602 in the following ways:
- Successful completion of the course (grade of "C" or better) or its equivalent within three years prior to admission to the MSA program;
- Pass a competency assessment exam. The examination may be taken twice and must be passed with at least 70% accuracy.
( sample accounting exam)
( sample statistics exam) ( stat formulas & tables) OR
- Take the course or its equivalent at CMU or another accredited institution.
If you are wanting to learn more about the following:
1. Problem solving, strategic planning
2. Analyze organizational processes and/or behaviors.
3. Research, and writing techniques
4. Effectively and efficiently analyze, evaluate, and enhance the budgeting of an organization
5. Support organizational priorities within a global environment.
The MSA program is right for you!
Content Box with Contact Info:
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Discover more about Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding areas at https://www.cmich.edu/about/mt_pleasant/Pages/default.aspx