mission of the College of Graduate Studies is to support and advance
high-quality graduate education. Toward this end, the College:
- promotes quality in all aspects of graduate education;
- encourages the development of new programs and the improvement of existing ones;
- provides administrative support for graduate programs;
- promotes the recruitment and retention of a well qualified and diverse student body;
- develops graduate policies for consideration by the larger CMU community;
- enforces approved policies that relate to graduate programs and graduate students;
- advocates for financial and non-financial support for graduate students.
In accomplishing its mission, the College of Graduate Studies
responds promptly and professionally to all of its constituents,
including current and prospective students, alumni, graduate faculty,
academic departments and programs, and employers.