At Central Michigan University, we pride ourselves on providing all students with a supportive learning and social environment. CMU provides an excellent home base for students to explore global perspectives and enriched educational experiences.
Prospective international students should apply at least six months before the semester in which they wish to enroll. This allows enough time to receive and consider all the materials that are part of the application. In addition, this allows enough time for students to apply for their student visa.
Following the checklist below will help guide you as you go through the process of applying to CMU. The I-20 or ED-2019 (visa eligibility form) will not be issued until the Office of International Affairs receives the required financial support information.
Apply online at: https://apply.cmich.edu/Application/AboutYou/NameAndEmail as an International student pursuing a graduate degree (master's, doctoral or specialist).
- Pay $60 application fee online
- Transcripts/individual mark sheets/diplomas. Applicants must provide a third party course by course credential evaluation and document verification. World Education Services (www.wes.org) request ICAP, Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) request course by course with transcripts, Educational Perspectives (www.edperspective.org ) and Josef Silny (www.jsilny.com) offer this service. Please have them email the complete evaluation and verification to email@example.com or send them by US Postal to our office address listed below.
- Statement of Purpose: A brief statement describing your purpose and general plans for graduate study at Central Michigan University. It may include information about activities and achievements, which are related to your proposed field of specialization as well as your career plans after graduation.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, Pearson Test. See our English Proficiency Standards for score information English Language standards.
- Optional if applying for English Language Institute or BRIDGE program
Central Michigan University
802 Industrial Drive, Global North
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859 USA
Please check with the department to which you are applying, or their website, for any other departmental requirements which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT)
- Letters of recommendation
Your application will be evaluated for acceptance. If admitted, you will receive your admissions letter electronically.
Once you are admitted to the graduate program, the Office of International Affairs (OIA) will contact you directly regarding immigration documents.
You will submit your financial documents (bank statements), copy of passport or any other documents needed to the Office of International Affairs.
Note: scanned and emailed copies are acceptable
Once all required documents are received the OIA will email you requesting payment to ship your welcome packet.
The OIA will mail your welcome packet, which will include: admissions letter, I-20, and information about arriving to Central Michigan University.
Admissions questions? Please contact Applications Processing
(989) 774-4444 firstname.lastname@example.org
Immigration/ I-20/ or visa questions? Please contact: 989-774-4308 email@example.com