At Central Michigan University, we pride ourselves on providing all students with a supportive learning and social environment. CMU provides an excellent home base for students to explore global perspectives and enriched educational experiences.
Prospective international students should apply at least six months before the semester in which they wish to enroll. This allows enough time to receive and consider all the materials that are part of the application. In addition, this allows enough time for students to apply for their student visa.
Following the checklist below will help guide you as you go through the process of applying to CMU. The I-20 or ED-2019 (visa eligibility form) will be issued by the Office of Global Engagement.
Apply online at: https://apply.cmich.edu/Application/AboutYou/NameAndEmail as an International student pursuing a graduate degree (master's, doctoral or specialist).
- Pay $50 application fee online
- Transcripts/individual mark sheets/diplomas: Applicants must provide official copies of these documents which must be sent in a sealed envelope for the school(s) you attended or have the schools send them directly to us at the address below. A certified English translation is also required. Uploaded copies will not be accepted.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL [School Code 1106], IELTS, MELAB, Pearson Test. See our English Proficiency Standards for score information English Language standards. The Global Engagement Office has a list of TOEFL exempt countries.
- Optional if applying for English Language Institute or BRIDGE program
Central Michigan University
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858 USA
Please check with the department to which you are applying, or their website, for any other departmental requirements which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT)
- Letters of recommendation
Your application will be evaluated for acceptance. If admitted, you will receive your admissions letter electronically.
Once you are admitted to the graduate program, the Office of Global Engagement will contact you directly regarding any required documents for I-20 issuance if necessary.
Admissions questions? Please contact Applications Processing
(989) 774-4444 firstname.lastname@example.org
Immigration/ I-20/ or visa questions? Please contact: 989-774-4308 email@example.com