Application Checklist (Scroll down to take action on each of these items.)
- Apply via Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- CASPA Launch Date for the 2018-2019 Application Cycle is April 27, 2018
- Application Deadline - September 1, 2018 (This is a HARD deadline)
- Supplemental Application and Fee
- International Applicant Requirements
- Foreign Evaluation Services Accepted: ECE, WES, or Josef Silney & Associates
- Should you have any questions, contact our CHP Graduate Admissions Office at email@example.com or 989-774-1730.
1. CASPA Application
ALL applicants must apply using CASPA (Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants), an online application service. The CASPA student portal will launch April 27, 2018, for the 2018-2019 application cycle.
2. Application Deadline
The application deadline for our May 2019 PA Program is September 1, 2018. This is a "hard" deadline, which means that ALL application materials MUST be received by September 1, 2018, to be considered for your application to be considered for our May 2019 program. This includes:
A minimum of 500 hours of paid experience involving direct patient care hours are required. Note: Do not send official transcripts to CMU. They must be sent only to CASPA.
- a completed and verified CASPA application
- three letters of recommendation
- our supplemental application and fee
- and a minimum of 500 hours of paid direct patient care hours
For international students, please note #4. for additional application requirements.
Note: CASPA's processing time is 4-6 weeks for a "complete and verified" application. Plan accordingly and manage your account so that all your application materials are received by the September 1, 2018, deadline.
3. CMU Supplemental Application & Fee
All students are required to complete our Supplemental Application & Fee. It must be downloaded and completed on your computer, as it will automatically calculate your prerequisite CPA. Mailing and fee instructions are noted on the last page of the spreadsheet. Any supplemental application completed by hand will be returned to the student.
4. International Students - Foreign Evaluation (ECE, WES, or Josef Silney & Associates) Requirements
Coursework taken at international institutions must be evaluated by ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.), WES (World Education Services), or Josef Silney & Associates. An official course-by-course evaluation must be sent directly to CASPA. Canadian students are excluded from providing a foreign evaluation; however, they must send official transcripts to CASPA.
5. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
All prospective students who are not citizens of a TOEFL-exempt country must submit a satisfactory test score on the TOEFL or IELTS. Score requirements: 79 or 6.5 on the TOEFL/IELTS for regular admission, 61-78 or 5.5 and 6.0 for conditional admissions. For more information on TOEFL requirements, please reference the Graduate Bulletin.
International students who are offered/accepted into the PA Program must submit to CMU's College of Graduate Studies an I-20 Affidavit/Statement of Support form, along with evidence of financial support. For more information, please reference the Graduate Bulletin or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.