The CMU Writing Circle and the CMU Writing Center Present:
The National Day on Writing
Thursday Oct. 20th, 2016
Join the Writing Circle and CMU Writing Center as we celebrate the National Day on Writing!
This Year's Events:
Writing Marathon: Library Park 400 Writing Center 10AM-4PM
- One person will begin a story, and the next person will continue where they left off, without reading what came before; this will continue for six hours!
- As the story grows it may take different forms: a poem, a short story, a screenplay, etc., but it always takes hilariously unexpected turns.
- Write for as little as 10 minutes, or for up to an hour—whatever you have time for!
#WhyIWrite: Anspach 154 9AM-5PM
- Use our whiteboard to write down why you write, take a picture with the board, and then upload it to social media using the hashtag #whyiwrite.
- Can't make it to Anspach? No problem! Tweet #whyiwrite from the comfort of your own home.
Body Poetry/Prose and Letter Writing: Between Anspach and Pearce 1PM to 4PM
- Trace your body in chalk and fill the outlines in with poetry or prose.
- Extra chalk will be available at Anspach 154 so that anyone can join!
- Envelopes, paper, and pencils will be available at Anspach 154 so that anyone can send a bit of writing to someone important. A hand-written letter can go a long way!
Open Mic: The Dreamer Coffee Shop 6PM to 8PM
- Come celebrate your writing and the writing of others; bring your notebooks and your friends! We welcome you to read your own work, or just sit back and relax with a cup of hot java.