Campus Address: Anspach 301-I
- Introduction to Literary Analysis (ENG 234)
- Early American Literature (ENG 251 and 351)
- American Romanticism (ENG 352)
Undergraduate Senior Seminars:
(ENG 345, 435, 460 and 559)
- American Nature Writing
- The Life and Works of John James Audubon
- Charles Darwin's
On the Origin of Species
- Ecocriticism and American Fiction
- Literature and Environment
- Evolutionary Biology and Literary Studies
- The Journals of Lewis and Clark
- Major American Writers: Henry David Thoreau
- The Concept of Place in Literary Studeis: Michigan
- The Literary Representation of Nature: Huboldt, Darwin, Audubon, and Carson
- The Varieties of Nature in American Romanticism
Degrees and Universities:
- Kent State University, PhD, 1985
- Kent State University, MA, 1980
- Clemson University, BA, 1975
The Missouri River Journals of John James Audubon. Lincoln: The University of Nebraska Press. Forthcoming, 2016.
John James Audubon's Journal of 1826: The Voyage to
The Birds of America. Lincoln: The University of Nebraska Press, 2011.
Early American Nature Writers: A Biographical Encyclopedia. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 2008.
Gods Determinations and
Preparatory Meditations: A Critical Edition. Kent State University Press, 2003.
Essays on Nature and Landscape by Susan Fenimore Cooper. Introduction by Daniel Patterson. Foreword by John Elder. University of Georgia Press, 2002.
Susan Fenimore Cooper: New Essays on
Rural Hours and Other Works. Co-edited with Rochelle Johnson. Foreword by Lawrence Buell. University of Georgia Press, 2001.
Rural Hours, by Susan Fenimore Cooper. Co-edited with Rochelle Johnson. University of Georgia Press, 1998.
Reading the Earth: New Directions in the Study of Literature and Environment. Co-edited with Michael Branch, Rochelle Johnson, and Scott Slovic. University of Idaho Press, 1998.
Lucy Bakewell Audubon
Association for the Study of Literature and Environment