Area of expertise:
- Modern American Literature
- Late Nineteenth - Early Twentieth-Century American Literature
- Contemporary Literature
ENG 101: Freshman Composition
ENG 134: Introduction to Literature
ENG 145: Bestsellers and Prize Winners
ENG 201: Intermediate Composition
ENG 234: Introduction to Literary Analysis
ENG 251: American Literature: Colonial through the Romantic Period
ENG 252: American Literature: Realist Period to the Present
ENG 321: Modern Poetry
ENG 332: Contemporary Literature and Thought
ENG 338A: Topics in Modern or contemporary Literature: "Imagining Fascism"
ENG 345: Studies in Authors: "Faulkner and Flannery O'Connor"
ENG 353: American Literature: Realistic Period
ENG 354: American Literature: Modern Period 1915-1945
ENG 455: The American Novel
ENG 559: Seminar in Major American Writers: "Faulkner and Hemmingway"; "Faulkner and Fitzgerald"; "Cather, Dos Passos, Algren"; "Jack Kerouac"
ENG 656: Seminar in American Literature: "Realistic Period"; "Modern Period"
Degrees and Universities:
- University of Connecticut, Ph.D.
- State University of New York, M.A.
- New School for Social Research, B.A.
Honors and Recognitions:
- Editorial Board, Texas Studies in Literature and Language, 2002-2012.
- John Dos Passos Society
- Modern Language Association of America
- Society for Commercial Archeology
- F. Scott Fitzgerald Society